• Help Support TNDeer:

Leupold VX-Freedom scope

scn

I just satisfied the house suggestion/agreement that one gun goes out before another comes in. So, it is time to put together another project.

I am converting a 45/70 to a smokeless muzzleloader in the coming months. It will be my woods gun when I don't feel like toting the Savage ML2. I want a decent scope on it that will hold zero, but don't need a lot of glass for long range shooting.

The price is right on the 2x7x33 Freedom scope. The next step up looks like their 2.5x8x36 VX3 at twice the price. I'd rather not go there unless needed.

Has anyone heard any bad reports on the Leupold VX-Freedom scope? Thanks for any input!

I put a brand new one on a 270 I was going to use sparingly. The glass was really good for the price. I pulled the trigger on the first shot and the reticle broke or something as the bottom post was now at a 45 degree angle.

Thanks, all!

It looks like I may hold off on the scope purchase for a while. If I can't locate any of the tested powder to use, I may have to bag on the conversion. So, there may be a 45/70 for sale in the near future.

scn":1sl1iefj said:
Well, back in the scope market since I scored the powder. Thanks for the good and bad reports. I'll sleep on it as it is a while off before I will need one.

Check out Sportoptics.com for the Meopta Meopro 3-9. It's as good as you can get under $400

I have a VX-Freedom 3x9x40 on a Ruger 77/44 and love it. I found a deal on here for it or I would have gotten the 2x7. Definitely a great scope for the money!

Back