• Help Support TNDeer:

Looking for a good boat cover

TheDuke'sBack

Can you guys point me in a good direction. I've herd bad things from friends and Co-workers about the run of the mill cover you buy at your local Wal-Mart and academy. One friend said hes had good experience with the top of the line(most expensive) cover from Bass pro.

I was talking to a guy at the boat ramp not to long ago and he was telling me to buy a Phoenix(boat brand) cover. He said they are very well made and you can drive down the road with it strapped down.

What do you guys think? Also I don't want to break the bank, but I don't mind spending the money because Its important to me to keep my boat in good shape

Depends on what you want it for. If you want one for trailering, you need to spend some money and get something that is made for your model of boat, probably somewhere in the $300 to $500 range. If its just to cover in your yard then one of the $100 ones from bass pro or academy will work. You just have to get it a little big and you'll have to prop it up in the middle to keep water from collecting on it. If its just a dust cover for the garage then the cheapest will do.

Hmmm, thants something Im going to have to think about then.

For the Most part I just want it for sitting in the drive way, but I do lots of camping and I'm going to start bringing my boat with me. I might like the more expensive cover for long hauls.

Thanks for the input.

Johnny Marsh, Hendersonville, TN. 615-264-7056. Custom makes a vinyl cover to fit your boat and the accesories on your boat. Ties to the boat and travels just fine on the interstate. They are waterproof and they last for many years. my 16'10" g3 was about $450 for the cover. I pull my boat 1150 miles one way every summer to Canada and back and it is so nice to just load the boat, cover it, and go. For 2 different boats I have had he made a cover for each one. Pull your boat to his house and it takes him about a week.

I ordered a "custom" fit cover from Seal Skin Covers for my Xpress Xp200, good price for a towable cover and had good reviews. Well after trying 3 different covers I gave up and asked for a refund...was tired of sending back and waiting for the next one to show up only to be dissapointed. I even sent them a series of pictures showing the problem and still got a dud.

Im in the market as well and considering going custom from an individual.

Latest posts

Back