I was digging up a septic tank last week and uncovered a gun in east jackson

Good luck with the magnet hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_4189.webp
    IMG_4189.webp
    172 KB · Views: 1
I was digging up a septic tank last week and uncovered a gun in east jackson

Good luck with the magnet hunting!
That's cool. I wonder if was intentionally put in the hole when the tank was set, or if it was just lost. Looks to far gone to get serial numbers.

That's the stuff I like about treasure hunting. Wondering the who, what, when and why's about the things found.

That's cool. I wonder if was intentionally put in the hole when the tank was set, or if it was just lost. Looks to far gone to get serial numbers.

That's the stuff I like about treasure hunting. Wondering the who, what, when and why's about the things found.
So i was digging up the septic lid with shovels to inspect. Didn't find the gun until i was backfilling. It was buried between a few inches and 12" deep. I called the authorities even though I know they probably can't get serial numbers off of it and turned it over. The guy that lives there had only been there less than a year so I know he didn't bury it. It was right beside the back steps of the porch. I definitely think someone buried it for a reason

Can't rule out it fell off someone's hip during septic installation but not many people had guns on their sides 60 years ago

Good luck! Bout every back road bridge around here usually has a pile of rusty metal laying there where it's already "been hit". Apparently it's a pretty popular hobby.
Yeah I'm expecting that. It's the same with metal detecting. But you never know when a gun is going to get tossed. Of coarse newly tossed guns will have to be reported but you can get a receipt and if not stolen or used in a crime you can get them back. Or so I've heard.

Hoping to magnet fish from my boat to get me in different areas where the landlubbers can't go or reach.

There is a creek that runs thru our property. There are bridges nearby and the water is shallow enough to wade. My grandson wants to get some magnets and wade the creek with them. We will concentrate downstream of the bridges because when it rains, that creek rages.

Back