• Help Support TNDeer:

Man drowned on Reelfoot lake

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just saw this on the TWRA facebook page. :(

Very sad.

BOATER FATALITY ON REELFOOT LAKE

OBION COUNTY, Tenn.--- A 63-year-old Illinois man lost his life on Sunday, April 19, 2020, on Reelfoot Lake while fishing.

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Wildlife Officers responded to a call about an unoccupied boat on Reelfoot Lake at approximately 3:30 p.m. An aluminum boat owned by David Blue from Mascoutah, Illinois, was found without any occupants near Grassy Island Boat Ramp. TWRA Wildlife Officers searched for the missing boater in the vicinity of the unoccupied boat. The body was recovered a few hours after he went missing by TWRA. Mr. Blue was not wearing a life jacket.

---TWRA---

#tnwildlife

sad indeed.

not speaking ill of this guy, but let this be a reminder for us to always wear some type of flotation device. even though you might be a good swimmer and its warm outside, 60 deg and less water temps can and will send you into shock when you hit the water. the older we get, the more susceptible we are to cold water shock but it can happen to young people as well. it can happen in summer too if you get real hot and jump into some cooler water. there were some deaths that occurred in 75 deg water.

there was a story on the general forum of this almost exact same thing, the guy jumped into the cold water to get his boat and became exhausted.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/42020999/f ... d-his-life

be careful out there and always wear a pfd.

I haven't verified it yet but I heard a guy I work with found the guy.
Makes sense since he lives within a mile of where he was at.
Hate it for everyone involved.

Sad indeed. Sending prayers for his family.

I'll be 63 in a month and I have a growing fear of falling overboard and hitting my head on the way out of the boat rendering me unconscious or incapable to swim. And there's the fear of the boat drifting away after falling out. Based on that fear I've begun wearing a self inflating PFD at all times when I'm in my boat. Y'all be safe out thee and don't take a minute for granted.

Wiley":3dchxnv1 said:
Sad indeed. Sending prayers for his family.

I'll be 63 in a month and I have a growing fear of falling overboard and hitting my head on the way out of the boat rendering me unconscious or incapable to swim. And there's the fear of the boat drifting away after falling out. Based on that fear I've begun wearing a self inflating PFD at all times when I'm in my boat. Y'all be safe out thee and don't take a minute for granted.

I wear the same now as well.

Latest posts

Back