• Help Support TNDeer:

May be time to bream fish

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Buddy of mine went to a lake this past weekend and showed me some pictures of his side scan.
Of course there is no way to know for sure but it appeared to both of us that he had found 3 different schools of bream, just hanging out in about 10 to 12 feet of water.
I am talking hundreds of them.

Just might have to drop some red worms off in there and see whazzup :)

If you can find them ,they ought to bite. Some of the other forums I check out have reports of catching bunches of them during the winter. I don't ever remember catching any while crappie fishing in the winter. You would think that they might use some of the same structure. Might need some of those meal worms or red worms mixed in with the crappie jigs and minnows. I wonder if they bite really soft like a crappie in the cold or do they knock the snot out of it.

I would venture to say they knock the snot out of it.
Weather & schedule dependent, I might find out this weekend. ;)

Don't you agree those are probably bream?

I don't really have a clue. Kind of resemble the body and size. I haven't learned enough with the garmins to know. For sure some kind of fish and that is what counts. One thing they will pack into an area,example- your car hood spot.
Any structure around that pic or edge of a drop? Or just suspended out in flats?

I would love to have one of those underwater cameras to just see for sure what you think you see on the devices. Do you think bream are as sensitive to the fronts as crappie? It would be rough on the hands cleaning 500 of those this time of year. :D

Nothing of importance, they were just out in the flats just hanging out.
I don't think ANY fish is as sensitive as crappie for sure but bream will absolutely get lock jaw on a cold front.
Yeah I think I would stop at 50 this time of the year just because that's how big my freezer boxes are and you are right that would be rough on the ole hands. :D

RUGER":2iolpuhm said:
Buddy of mine went to a lake this past weekend and showed me some pictures of his side scan.
Of course there is no way to know for sure but it appeared to both of us that he had found 3 different schools of bream, just hanging out in about 10 to 12 feet of water.
I am talking hundreds of them.

Just might have to drop some red worms off in there and see whazzup :)
A couple weeks ago crappie fishing i caught a bunch of brim in 14-17fow.Didnt catch many crappie though.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

woodyard":3tsu4zad said:
If you can find them ,they ought to bite. Some of the other forums I check out have reports of catching bunches of them during the winter. I don't ever remember catching any while crappie fishing in the winter. You would think that they might use some of the same structure. Might need some of those meal worms or red worms mixed in with the crappie jigs and minnows. I wonder if they bite really soft like a crappie in the cold or do they knock the snot out of it.
They were biting minnows a couple weeks ago when i was catching them

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

woodyard":1rhi3mmv said:
I would love to have one of those underwater cameras to just see for sure what you think you see on the devices. Do you think bream are as sensitive to the fronts as crappie? It would be rough on the hands cleaning 500 of those this time of year. :D
I have a aqua view under water camera.. it's pretty fun in the winter when the water clears up.. I rigged up a little pole line and hook..rigged it to the camera.. so my minnow was just in front of the camera.. most amazing thing.. how many 2-4 pound largemouth swam within inches of the struggling minnow and never even blinked at it...

Latest posts

Back