• Help Support TNDeer:

Maybe just maybe.......

TRIGGER

NOPE. Thought I caught another giant KY largemouth for about three seconds then I told my partner "I don't think it's a bass" no sooner than I got that out of my mouth he started coming up and fast so my hopes got back up lol. Well it was fun anyways.

We were fishing a tournament one night and pulled on a point where my buddy had caught a smallie pushing 5 and a 4.5 lb largemouth about two hrs earlier. I immediately lost a big one, and then he hooked one. It started to the top and shook its head like a big largemouth. It then flashed the black light, and we both seen a big white belly. We were both certain that it was a 7+ lb largemouth which is an absolute giant where we were at. Hegot it back to the top, and I netted about an 8 lb drum. He caught another one that night, but we knew pretty quick that it was too big to be a bass. We still won and had big fish that night so I don't guess that it mattered. Talk about a let down though......... :)

TN Larry":1mj5jxck said:
We were fishing a tournament one night and pulled on a point where my buddy had caught a smallie pushing 5 and a 4.5 lb largemouth about two hrs earlier. I immediately lost a big one, and then he hooked one. It started to the top and shook its head like a big largemouth. It then flashed the black light, and we both seen a big white belly. We were both certain that it was a 7+ lb largemouth which is an absolute giant where we were at. Hegot it back to the top, and I netted about an 8 lb drum. He caught another one that night, but we knew pretty quick that it was too big to be a bass. We still won and had big fish that night so I don't guess that it mattered. Talk about a let down though......... :)

I had a buddy catch a 5+/-lb drum in a tournament on the river here in Clarksville. I understand the let down. He hooked it shallow close to the boat. I about broke my neck and every rod trying to get that fish in the net it happened so fast lol

Back