• Help Support TNDeer:

Middle Tn fishing report

I'm still catching them deep (20-30') on Old Hickory. Water hasn't hit 50 degrees yet in the area I fish
Wow. I've been everywhere from the 231 bridge down to Drakes Creek lately, and the water has been over 50 for a good while. Yesterday evening it was around 60 in Spence Creek and Cage's Bend.

Obviously I don't know where you're fishing, but are you sure your temp is calibrated correctly?

I haven't seen any crappie pull up shallow yet on Old Hickory, but I don't get after them too seriously. I tried Spence Creek yesterday in <10ft and never got bit in an hour (and I was trying to cheat with minnows!). I gave up and threw on a squarebill and caught 4 bass in the next hour in <3ft.

Wow. I've been everywhere from the 231 bridge down to Drakes Creek lately, and the water has been over 50 for a good while. Yesterday evening it was around 60 in Spence Creek and Cage's Bend.

Obviously I don't know where you're fishing, but are you sure your temp is calibrated correctly?

I haven't seen any crappie pull up shallow yet on Old Hickory, but I don't get after them too seriously. I tried Spence Creek yesterday in <10ft and never got bit in an hour (and I was trying to cheat with minnows!). I gave up and threw on a squarebill and caught 4 bass in the next hour in <3ft.
I fish the lower end. Last Saturday it was in the upper 40s according to my unit up front. It very well could be off, I'll have to check it out

I fish the lower end. Last Saturday it was in the upper 40s according to my unit up front. It very well could be off, I'll have to check it out
Worth a check. I realized last month that one of mine was off by 6 degrees. I took two different thermometers with me and dropped them down in the water a couple feet. They both read 6 degrees higher than my bow unit showed, and they matched my console unit. I just tweaked my console unit and got it right.

Worth a check. I realized last month that one of mine was off by 6 degrees. I took two different thermometers with me and dropped them down in the water a couple feet. They both read 6 degrees higher than my bow unit showed, and they matched my console unit. I just tweaked my console unit and got it right.
Both units read 53 degrees today. Big female crappie were biting good, caught them in 20-30 feet of water. Best 7 weighed just shy of 11lbs

Latest posts

Back