• Help Support TNDeer:

Middle TN

I saw one a week ago that wasn't quite out to his ears, but you could tell that they were still going more outward than upward. Probably going to be a good one...

Some bucks start growing early and finish early. Some start late and finish late. You will find a few bucks with fairly substantial racks by mid-June. June is also the month when velvet antlers are growing most rapidly.

I've seen a couple in Franklin county that are bigger than nubs. One already has 8 points and looks like he is going to add more points soon. I passed up a smaller 10 in the area last year just hope it is him. If it is he should be a decent deer this year.

No sense in looking. For the most part all I have read on here recently is that Tennessee has less than a 1 percent chance of a growing good bucks and even if they do manage to live long enough no one will ever see them.

Headhunter said:
No sense in looking. For the most part all I have read on here recently is that Tennessee has less than a 1 percent chance of a growing good bucks...

I don't see where the original question asked anything about "good bucks."

BSK said:
Headhunter said:
No sense in looking. For the most part all I have read on here recently is that Tennessee has less than a 1 percent chance of a growing good bucks...

I don't see where the original question asked anything about "good bucks."

:D

Headhunter....This is the time when most hunters are getting the most frustrated. The longer we go without deer hunting, the more crazy it makes us. Wait for another 2 months when all the pictures from all around the state start popping on this website, and no one will be complaining anymore.....I guarantee it! :)

I haven't been looking yet and haven't seen many deer lately. Guess I haven't got the deer bug yet, although I do need to go look for that albino buck and see if he's still kicking....

Back