• Help Support TNDeer:

Might be off the water for a bit

catman529

When I was fishing in Nashville, my outboard pee stream started to sputter and blow steam, especially under a load. Sometimes it was a solid stream, but when I went to drive it would start to spit water and steam. No visible clogs, and I have not replaced the impeller since I got the LU replaced a few years ago, so it's long overdue.

The motor never overheated, but I took it easy and only went a couple miles from the ramp.

So I went and ordered a new water pump kit, OEM from Mercury through a dealer online.

Order processed and I got an email saying it was non-stocked and had to be ordered from the manufacturer, and this bit here:

"Mercury Marine currently has nationwide supply issues. Any orders that contain OEM Mercury Marine parts may be delayed an additional week, on top of the 3-5 days."

I'm debating whether I should go through the hassle of cancelling the order and hope I find a supply in stock somewhere, or just wait it out. The kit was $68 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cat, give Island Cove Marina a call I got a kit including the cover a couples year back that was in stock there.

It was for a 1994 40 hp Mercury.

Oh there over around Chattanooga .

I don't know if they ship items or not but would think they would.

Smo":1gvg3xc5 said:
Cat, give Island Cove Marina a call I got a kit including the cover a couples year back that was in stock there.

It was for a 1994 40 hp Mercury.

Oh there over around Chattanooga .

I don't know if they ship items or not but would think they would.
I got Clark Marine here in Franklin I might give them a call if I can't get off work one day this week to go over there.

I would find one local or go aftermarket,i cant go very long not being on the water.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

I recently found marine parts source. I ordered some parts from them and paid for two day shipping. Next day I get a call and she tells me they are based out of White House and if she shipped it out normal I would have it next day. They refunded me the extra I paid for shipping.

I needed another part and needed it right then. I was able to order online then pick it up at the counter. You do have to order and pay online, but can pick it up.

RobbyW":29mj8e2a said:
I recently found marine parts source. I ordered some parts from them and paid for two day shipping. Next day I get a call and she tells me they are based out of White House and if she shipped it out normal I would have it next day. They refunded me the extra I paid for shipping.

I needed another part and needed it right then. I was able to order online then pick it up at the counter. You do have to order and pay online, but can pick it up.

Looks like a good local option: https://www.marinepartssource.com/

Well I got an impeller kit from Clark marine in Franklin, came with the gaskets and all but no housing. I changed the gear lube and the impeller and took her for a spin on the lake this evening, everything works fine now.

Whenever the back ordered kit comes in, I'll just save it for next time.

7e91c6e2f0a9bfa53e437c4c0d0e38cd.jpg

Latest posts

Back