• Help Support TNDeer:

Minnows

Bamamonts

Does anybody know where you can get some big minnows for bass or catfish
Looking for a place in west tn or around paris.
Thanks in advance

Consider investing in a cast net. Spent $35 at Wal-Mart on a cheap net, used it for the past 2 years and haven't bought catfish bait since. Practice in the yard first though, it takes practice.

I just caught a handful of shiners and stonerollers yesterday with the cast net. Very worthwhile investment. It does take practice to get good at throwing

catman529":3v1rzt3d said:
I just caught a handful of shiners and stonerollers yesterday with the cast net. Very worthwhile investment. It does take practice to get good at throwing

IMO stonerollers are the number one bait for pretty much anything. They're like crack to smallies and wallyes...........

Do us a favor and videotape yourself practicing, especially for the first few throws and then share here.

rukiddin":b4v9xp56 said:
catman529":b4v9xp56 said:

IMO stonerollers are the number one bait for pretty much anything. They're like crack to smallies and wallyes...........
walleye weren't having it last night. It's easy to catch short ones on a jerkbait but when I shine my light in the shallow water and see big ones, I know they are there, but I haven't figured em out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529":1bdvp9q2 said:
rukiddin":1bdvp9q2 said:
catman529":1bdvp9q2 said:

walleye weren't having it last night. It's easy to catch short ones on a jerkbait but when I shine my light in the shallow water and see big ones, I know they are there, but I haven't figured em out yet.

How you go about night time walleye? Don't want your honey holes or anything. I just wanna figure out how to do it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Polar Kraft":pcyn3bf9 said:
catman529":pcyn3bf9 said:
rukiddin":pcyn3bf9 said:
catman529 said:

How you go about night time walleye? Don't want your honey holes or anything. I just wanna figure out how to do it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
thats what I'm trying to figure out myself.

U see walleye in shallow water??

I'd think if you hooked a live stoneoller on a small hook, light line, weightless, it'd eat it. But then again, I've only caught a few walleye ever.

Mudbone":2jbam9me said:
U see walleye in shallow water??

I'd think if you hooked a live stoneoller on a small hook, light line, weightless, it'd eat it. But then again, I've only caught a few walleye ever.
i would like to freeline them but the current will carry them a little. I had them with just a little weight to keep them in place, but next time I might freeline one line while the other sits on the bottom. These walleye were in barely over a foot of water.

catman529":1qkx5xw9 said:
This^^^ Also if you know anyone close by with a creek you could set a trap. I have several around here that trap in my creek.
Catman, you need to do a video cast net tutorial.

I throw a 4ft net. Tried a 6ft but considering that most of the time I'm throwing from either the boat ramp or just down the bank from my catfish spot, I don't want to go any bigger lol. I catch plenty of 5-7 inch gizzard shad on boat ramps I don't need anything bigger that I'll end up snagging rock with.

that is almost the only way to throw a 20' net. Totally sucks when your net is all gooped up from jelly fish though ! LOL

fishboy1":37ng5y6s said:
that is almost the only way to throw a 20' net. Totally sucks when your net is all gooped up from jelly fish though ! LOL
I watched the whole video and had trouble spotting any cast net.

Latest posts

Back