• Help Support TNDeer:

MLF announces pro tour

MickThompson":2y002p31 said:
WTM":2y002p31 said:
so will FLW and BASS anglers be fishing in the MLF as well? looks like they would have to schedule in between or off schedule of the other events.

Don't they do that already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah some fish both tours and its tougher to do that since BASS added the elite series and FLW restricted cross sponsorship. added that the MLF show is a 6 day event, i guess my question really is how they will make it attractive enough to fill 80 slots with enough talent to make it worthwhile.

As noted in the story, details are unknown. But the word on the street is that MLF payouts are going to be huge and entry fees substantially lower (or maybe even non-existent). Plus significantly more TV exposure for sponsors.

With that kind of incentive, I assure you that LOTS of big name pros are going to be looking hard at MLF. Potential scheduling conflicts are definitely an issue, but professional fishing is a business. If you look at it from an ROI (Return on Investment) standpoint, it is going to make for some tough decisions for many of the big names. We will see.

they will have to to be successful because as much as the guys love competetition, they still need a check. being a bass pro nowadays is expensive. they have one thing going for them, the economy. when the economy is this good sponsors spend a lot of money. back in 08 when the recession hit, sponsor money was thin at best.

Latest posts

Back