• Help Support TNDeer:

More ultra lite action, in river bottom !!

Viper (tp)

Dad and I went to a hot spot sunday, got there around 9am. Both went with blue gill and crappie in mind, rooster tails tied on and here we go. Both started catching some, a blue gill apiece then I hung a good one. The it went air born, dang gar, then dad laid in to one, we caught 5 or six right off the bat.Tackle wise we had 6lb line on a very small rod and reel combo so the fight was on. As the day progresses we get into a few desent crappie and blue gill. Around 11am I dressed my other spinning reel up with a zoom ultra-vibe worm texas rigged (june-bug color), medium rod still ultra light 8lb line. I thru it under a over hanging tree and BAM set the hook 2lb bass, got him in then dad throws over in the same place big crappie hits his rooster tail. I throw under there again BAM 3pounder dand the fight was on!! After getting it to the boat I thru under another tree close to this one BAM 4 pounder!!! Lord have mercy he was a load. Long story short we ended up catching 8 fish under that one tree, and caught another 8 more before we ran out of the zoom worms!! Great day on the water with dad as usual, folks if you see a nice looking spot on side of the highway, don't be afraid to hit it some of the best fishing around!

Latest posts

Back