• Help Support TNDeer:

More ultra lite action, in river bottom !!

Viper (tp)

Dad and I went to a hot spot sunday, got there around 9am. Both went with blue gill and crappie in mind, rooster tails tied on and here we go. Both started catching some, a blue gill apiece then I hung a good one. The it went air born, dang gar, then dad laid in to one, we caught 5 or six right off the bat.Tackle wise we had 6lb line on a very small rod and reel combo so the fight was on. As the day progresses we get into a few desent crappie and blue gill. Around 11am I dressed my other spinning reel up with a zoom ultra-vibe worm texas rigged (june-bug color), medium rod still ultra light 8lb line. I thru it under a over hanging tree and BAM set the hook 2lb bass, got him in then dad throws over in the same place big crappie hits his rooster tail. I throw under there again BAM 3pounder dand the fight was on!! After getting it to the boat I thru under another tree close to this one BAM 4 pounder!!! Lord have mercy he was a load. Long story short we ended up catching 8 fish under that one tree, and caught another 8 more before we ran out of the zoom worms!! Great day on the water with dad as usual, folks if you see a nice looking spot on side of the highway, don't be afraid to hit it some of the best fishing around!

Looks like y'all had a good time. Reminds me of fishing old dead lakes off the Pearl down in Louisiana. My uncle would set out a few jugs for tabby cats while around treetops, he flat wore out the white perch, as they call the crappie down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back