• Help Support TNDeer:

Mounting a scope

JeepKuntry

I was mounting a new scope, on the 2nd to last screw when the darn star hex broke. It's flush. Am I correct to assume a small punch is my only option to get it out? With it being flush I'm tempted to leave it for now.

Is it holding anything or not? I would get a reverse drill bit and try to take it out if its not holding any thing,did you put locktite on it? I don't for fear of having to heat a broken screw or a trip to the gunsmith. I was given a card by a older fellar offering gunsmith services in powell, think he does it as a hobby not sure what all he can do but doesn't have machines to do mill work ect

I did not use locktite. I do not have anything small enough to try to back it out with. Guess we'll see what the hardware store has tomorrow. It is not flaring up where you may cut yourelf. Just an eye sore.

I'm interpreting the problem as the end of the Torx tool broke off and is stuck in the socket of the screw. If that's right I agree that using some kind of real small piece of steel to lightly tap it with a little hammer is about all i can think of.

well if its the tool that broke off in it leave it,you will find it missing after a few shots more than likely ,I have never used locktite after reading of broken screws ect back when I first started hunting. Never had a problem with stuff loosing up.

Back