• Help Support TNDeer:

Muskie Stocked in Parksville Lake

rsimms

TWRA is hoping in a few years you might be able to catch one of these out of Parksville Lake in Polk County.

They released 600 13-inch musky there in hopes Parksville might become a musky destination like the Collins River or Melton Hill. Here are the details: http://bit.ly/2AOclzh

Attachments

• musky7.jpg
    musky7.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,048
  • musky1.jpg
    musky1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,039
CATCHDAWG":2nrbdk4y said:
That article mentioned stocking Walleye in Parksville, when did this happen? I've caught them in the river below the dam but didn't know they were in the lake.

I'm not positive... from what I've seen mentioned by others on Facebook, maybe a year or two ago? But TWRA has been very quiet about their stocking efforts on Parksville in recent years. To my knowledge the release about musky was the first time they've officially shared public info about the stocking they've been doing there. I don't think there's any kind of conspiracy or anything. I just think that sometimes (or many times) TWRA isn't very good and PR and marketing.

NC is stocking muskies into Cheoah Lake just upstream of Chillhowee so some might have swam through the dam into TN.

Georgia used to have some giant muskie upstream of Parksville in Blue Ridge Lake. So I would think they should do well.

TWRA stocked musky in Garrett Lake a few years back. I don't think they've done very well though.

Latest posts

Back