• Help Support TNDeer:

muzzleloader season!!! whats your choice of gun?

john setter

its getting closer the opening of muzzleloader season!! what will be your choice of muzzleloader? i didnt really know till yesterday! i picked up a 10ml-II Savage smokeless/stainless muzzleloader in camo with a nikon buckmasters scope. Paid $300 dolalrs for it! :) i kno what i'll be using on opening day of muzzleloader season!!

What a deal! I already have and use a ML-II, but at that price I think that I would have to reallocate some funds and talk the wife into a deal... You know, the kids sill be needing a ml soon;-)

I have a Savage 10ML-II stainless. I like it so much I recently bought a new one in black chrome-moly. I am so confident in my 10ML-II that I view muzzleloader season as simply an extension of gun season.

My 1993 model "Black" Knight.

I've tried many others...including the "Triumph", and some Austin/Hallock models.

None of them could compare to the confidence I have in that old Knight!

Robert Northcutt said:
its getting closer the opening of muzzleloader season!! what will be your choice of muzzleloader? i didnt really know till yesterday! i picked up a 10ml-II Savage smokeless/stainless muzzleloader in camo with a nikon buckmasters scope. Paid $300 dolalrs for it! :) i kno what i'll be using on opening day of muzzleloader season!!
You made a wise decision!!
I Have been shooting a Savage smokeles in stainless with a camo synthetic stock, topped with a Leupold vari X III 2.5x8x36, with a 250 grain Hornady XTP in front of 44.5 grns of Vhittavori (sp) powder, for close to 10 yrs now, and have had super performance from this gun and load! Hands down the best MZ I have ever owned.

My Encore with a custon stainless steel 50 cal Bullberry barrel and a Redfield 2x7 with Hornady 300 grain XTP's. I will probably take my Knight Disc also.

Latest posts

Back