• Help Support TNDeer:

My boat decided not to go

easy45

I was planning on pulling my boat up to Dale Hollow today and doing some fishing, well first I knew my trolling battery was bad so I bought a new one, then somehow, I'm not sure how, the cranking battery was bad so I replaced it, then I went to pump some gas to the motor and the bulb was leaking, so I replaced that, then after all that I find out the ignition module is bad, I'm waving the white flag, we will rent a boat to use Saturday up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to love boat problems. Sorry it all happened right before your trip. Good luck out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverFox":2pocfc4m said:
Pulled mine out this afternoon to replace some marker lights on the trailer. Went to raise the motor and the starting battery is hammer dead. It's not 2 years old yet.

I used it in February...

I'm fluxed about the best method to keep batteries alive for the longest. Seems like a trickle charger year round is better than unplugging them completely. Suggestions?

I think the beating and banging they take hurts them. If I have to replace it I'm going with the 3 year free replacement from Advance Auto. At least I know it'll be with me for 3 years. LOL

I was in my boat last weekend moving tackle. I hope I left something on and it'll recharge.

fairchaser":22pw710j said:
SilverFox":22pw710j said:
Pulled mine out this afternoon to replace some marker lights on the trailer. Went to raise the motor and the starting battery is hammer dead. It's not 2 years old yet.

I used it in February...

I'm fluxed about the best method to keep batteries alive for the longest. Seems like a trickle charger year round is better than unplugging them completely. Suggestions?

From everything I've ever been told or read about batteries a good charger with the trickle function is best. My batteries are always on charge if I'm not fishing.

I have about decided the best bet is to buy them at walmart.
After a couple years you take them back and get another one for free or for a very small cost.

Agree with Ruger --their best yellow battery has a 3 yr. free replacement warranty and 5 year prorated..Funny how fast 3 years pass. They are good batteries for me , the ones in my truck have been going strong for over six years. (Big Yellow Maxx)

Latest posts

Back