• Help Support TNDeer:

My first boat

rem270

Always swore up and down I'd never buy a boat. Just always kept close friends with boats :D.... But since the move to AR and being 5 mins to 30 mins from so many lakes and watersheds I am getting the itch.

Friend of mine has a 16/52 Landau (sp?) with 25 hp motor that I plan to buy in the spring. Going to have trolling motor, 2 depth finders, seats and pretty much fishing ready. I have been in them and drove one and all that but to upkeep one I have no earthly idea. I told him before I buy it I want to take it out on the lake for him to show me how it all works.

This should be fun and hopefully not costly in repairs :D

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

You will love it man.
Make sure you replace the oil in the lower unit before it gets cold enough to freeze.
Make sure it is always peeing.
Pretty much it. :)

2 stroke or 4 stroke?
Allweld or riveted?

Nothing wrong with either as long as it has been taken care of but I prefer a 4 stroke and allweld boat.
It is never a bad idea to unhook the fuel line while you are sitting at the ramp after loading it on the trailer (motor still in the water) and letting the motor idle to run all the fuel out, especially if you think it will be a while before using it again!! Today's fuel is horrible and some stabilizer never hurts.

Latest posts

Back