• Help Support TNDeer:

My Fishing Rant of the Day

Atchman2

So I fish a lot on Fort Loudoun lake. My main three ramps are the Marine Park, and both Topside Road ramps. It seems like every night somebody is fishing right in the way of the ramp when I return. There are signs all over saying not to fish or swim on the ramp. Anyway since I'm by myself most of the time it can be intimidating when there are a bunch of guys there. Not to mention trying not to tangle their lines. I try and be as courteous as possible even though they aren't supposed to be there.

The next one is strange cars just parked at the ramps with people in them. What are they doing? Drug deals? Parking? I think I'm going to start bringing my pistol along since I'm by myself and it creeps me out.

For those of you that want to fish near those ramps? It is easy. Just bring a sling blade and some clompers and clear out the brush nearby. There is plenty of room there to fish if you get rid of a few mimosa trees and tall grass. I doubt that anyone cares that you are getting rid of weeds.

Atchman2":u4vz3ja3 said:
So I fish a lot on Fort Loudoun lake. My main three ramps are the Marine Park, and both Topside Road ramps. It seems like every night somebody is fishing right in the way of the ramp when I return. There are signs all over saying not to fish or swim on the ramp. Anyway since I'm by myself most of the time it can be intimidating when there are a bunch of guys there. Not to mention trying not to tangle their lines. I try and be as courteous as possible even though they aren't supposed to be there.

The next one is strange cars just parked at the ramps with people in them. What are they doing? Drug deals? Parking? I think I'm going to start bringing my pistol along since I'm by myself and it creeps me out.

For those of you that want to fish near those ramps? It is easy. Just bring a sling blade and some clompers and clear out the brush nearby. There is plenty of room there to fish if you get rid of a few mimosa trees and tall grass. I doubt that anyone cares that you are getting rid of weeds.

See it a lot on the free ramp on Cove Creek on Norris. You never know, carry your weapon!

Lol one of the ramps I frequent you will see cars pull up to the ramp and just sit there for a while. Who knows what in the drug dealing, white trash, ghetto, old beater car world is going on. There are also plenty of people who fish around the ramp but not usually right on the ramp. I don't have a problem with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember when I was young....I'd go to boat ramps for lover's lane!!!! I'm never scared , I just walk with confidence where ever I am....and if there are problems, well I deal with them but never a problem.

About that, I've noticed recently the red Corps of Engineers signs about weapons on Corps property, at the entrances and parking areas. From what I can find it is a non issue, this is in Hendersonville, Old Hickory Lake, wondering if the city is practicing" no guns in parks",via Corps signs? Anybody else seeing these elsewhere? Know if it's legit?

I used to go sit at ramp parking lots around Priest and Old Hickory and take a lunch break all the time during the week. But yeah after a few fisherman getting killed in the past few years we should always be armed even when fishing. Sad.

The last time I went by myself I put my Ruger LCP 9mm in the boat. I don't have a CCP but I am going in a couple weeks. Perhaps I was hunting pigeons with it. ;)

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Atchman2":6089jmtd said:
The last time I went by myself I put my Ruger LCP 9mm in the boat. I don't have a CCP but I am going in a couple weeks. Perhaps I was hunting pigeons with it. ;)

Don't have to have a CCP to carry a gun in your boat in TN.......not since the passing of the Castle Doctrine law. I even checked with the TWRA to be certain on that one myself. :tu:

sll":2rj8ppuw said:
Atchman2":2rj8ppuw said:

Don't have to have a CCP to carry a gun in your boat in TN.......not since the passing of the Castle Doctrine law. I even checked with the TWRA to be certain on that one myself. :tu:

yeah unless you are on TVA or COE, then the rules get confusing. the last time i looked the COE no gun zone will have red markers or signs. in TVA developed areas you can have them during hunting season but they have to be cased and unloaded in the developed areas.

WTM":6e9pu5d0 said:
sll":6e9pu5d0 said:
Atchman2":6e9pu5d0 said:

yeah unless you are on TVA or COE, then the rules get confusing. the last time i looked the COE no gun zone will have red markers or signs. in TVA developed areas you can have them during hunting season but they have to be cased and unloaded in the developed areas.

Who gives a crap what TVA SAYS OR DOES!! I will carry everytime. They never patrol the ramps but low life's do. TVA doesn't even provide lights at night ALTHOUGH THEY STOLE THE LAND, and make millions of dollars off this stolen land in the form of electricity. And before someone gives a smart comment. For example : TVA STOLE land for Tellico for $250 PER ACRE.... how much land would $250 buy you now on Tellico?

Carry your weapon concealed and go about your business .

So I've changed ramps down to Carl Cowan. Down there it is people parking too close to the ramp and the silly kayaks.

Last night a couple folks had their cars parked in the grass right where you need to go to get an easy swing. I thought it was just me, but I saw almost everyone backing in or taking out have to jiggle back and forth to get their trailers in the water.

When most of us were coming in after fishing, there were kayakers parked ON the ramp. It was only one side but they just stood there talking. I was backing in the trailer and I literally came within one foot of this guy that wouldn't move. I didn't hesitate since there was nothing I could do, but wouldn't it be at least courteous to move? They had already taken out their boats, but were just standing there talking.

I've been on both sides of the equation. I've fished on lots of boat ramps, but I also have enough sense to back off and let boats use them when they pull up. I've come up to a dock before and 5 or 6 guys be set up fishing it and acting like I was intruding on them. We're all out there for the same reason, no need in bein like that

Latest posts

Back