• Help Support TNDeer:

Napier

$26 million
Chump change. Was reading where that money has already been raised.

But just firing him seems to be the easy part . Strickland the AD likley needs to go as well as he cannot be allowed to make yet another coaching hire .

Perhaps just keep him at this point get through the regular season. Replace Stickland and fire Napier and hire his replacement might be best.

From what I'm reading "the meeting" was never a real thing. Hope he makes it through the season but this season will end him sooner or later regardless
He's gone. Dan Enos will take over the interim roll. Lane is my hope buttttt don't count out Urban to come back. Hearing some has already spoke. To him on it. Shelly doesn't want him coaching again so we shall see.

Bring Spurrier back for the rest of the year. I'm sure he still has the fire. Plus, aren't they still paying him as an advisor? Oh wait, on second thought 🤔 😁!

He's gone. Dan Enos will take over the interim roll. Lane is my hope buttttt don't count out Urban to come back. Hearing some has already spoke. To him on it. Shelly doesn't want him coaching again so we shall see.
Only problem I've seen when it comes to landing Lane is if he makes the playoffs. Then He would be coaching until late December/January focused on Ole miss.

If UF fires Billy in a couple weeks that's along time to convince recruits and current players to set around not knowing who the coaching staff is gonna be.

Only problem I've seen when it comes to landing Lane is if he makes the playoffs. Then He would be coaching until late December/January focused on Ole miss.

If UF fires Billy in a couple weeks that's along time to convince recruits and current players to set around not knowing who the coaching staff is gonna be.
Lol, lane isn't stupid. No way he would take the Florida job. He is a god in Oxford making 9 million a year and can have a couple 8-4 seasons in a row and still be God. He will use his name thrown around for the head coach of this and that to leverage more money out of Ole miss... maybe get even a couple million raise.

But there's just too many ultra hot co ed's at Ole Miss for him to leave for a downgrade in that department.

Florida has become what TN was after they fired Fulmer. And what Auburn has been for the past 10 years. Both of those are toxic programs that noone wants to touch with a 10ft pole. Both need a 'don't give a $hit' 65 yo coach that will come in and bust balls for 2 years to turn the programs around in the right direction.

Pretty wild stat assuming it's accurate

Attachments

• IMG_4697.webp
    IMG_4697.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 1
Lane seems to be the dream pull for the Gator fans. His got a pretty decent gig right now making $9 million a year though 2029 with Ole miss and will probably get a bump in pay.

The Missouri, Liberty and Kansas head coaches are on about every list for possible replacements. Those seem more realistic then Lane or Urban to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back