NASCAR

Rakkin6

Well I guess people really don't care what sports do. Just saw the ratings for the race yesterday, highest of the year so far. Everyone always talks a big game about not watching or boycotting but want to be sheeple and sit on their couch and continue to give money to businesses that will screw them over. I am all for a free market and if people want to watch let them watch just don't B@#$H about the sport later and continue to give them money. I think Einstein said doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

NASCAR got a big boost this week from the BLM crew and the Democrats. They are one of the same if you have not been following. They banned the Confederate Flag and they are talking about taking out the Prayers and Standing for the National Anthem also.

Lefties eating that crap up.

Lots of hard corps NASCAR fans I know are leaving and not going back..

Guess what..Ive still not watched but like two MLB games since the strike in 81 and that was only to see the Cubs win. And I am not going to watch NFL...even if it means getting to see TUA play. So there is that.

Rakkin6

Yeah I stopped watching after the strike in the 90s. I am pretty much over sports, don't want my sports and politics mixed. If I wanted politics especially left leaning I would watch CNN and I don't watch that now. Why would I want to listen to it during sports

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

wayne

Ratings will fall off drastically when other sports options become available.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

I think those ratings are inflated. Those golf events they did earlier in the spring brought in record ratings also if I am not mistaken. I think it's more a sign of nothing else in terms of entertainment. Could be wrong though.

I gave up NASCAR years ago & I was pretty big into it. Never missed a race on TV & would go to at least one race per year. Combination of constant rule changes, the rise of 1.5 mile tracks where nobody could pass & all the good drivers retiring. After all this it doesn't make me want to rush back to the track I'll say that.

I tend to stay out of the political debates and convos but I'll end by saying that it is ironic to me, or maybe just funny, that the kid who "rage quit a video game" a couple weeks ago (Ie. Threw a temper tantrum and took his digital ball & went home) is now offered up like NASCAR's very own MLK.

PillsburyDoughboy

THEdonkey0515":1vvoinng said:
NASCAR has been bad for years IMO not watched a race in 9 or 10 years.
I lost interest in it when they put the restrict or plates on the cars. Alot of the peeps on here will be too young to notice the difference. But it was noticeable. The cars just got too slow.

Alot was going on with me too. I was getting busier with life,,having kids and building a business. Really did not have time to follow the circuit as much.

Defiantly nothing to interest me now.

Latest posts