• Help Support TNDeer:

Natchez trace SP lakes

spoonie

Anybody ever fish the lakes there (Brown's Creek Lake, Maple's Creek Lake, Pin Oak) it looks like TWRA manages them. The rivers are a mess around here and thought about venturing out this weekend and trying something new. Would like to target crappie but ive read where the lakes are more so managed for LM bass

I have fished pinoak some,usually in the fall.Usually catch alot of crappie,but they usually average 7-11inces long.Lots of good bass and bluegill there too.

I have been wanting to go back.
Went there one time with a group from here and, of course, the freaking cold front hit the afternoon we arrived. :mad:

Brown's Creek is my favorite of the 7 (I think it's 7) for bass. It gets a lot of pressure, and the numbers aren't great, but the size is. 10 or so years ago I fished Sycamore occasionally for bream and crappie with success. I've also had some good days bass and crappie fishing at Beech Lake. I've fished Pin Oak a couple times, but it was pretty clear when I fished it, and clear water is not my forte.

Brown's Creek is my favorite of the 7 (I think it's 7) for bass. It gets a lot of pressure, and the numbers aren't great, but the size is. 10 or so years ago I fished Sycamore occasionally for bream and crappie with success. I've also had some good days bass and crappie fishing at Beech Lake. I've fished Pin Oak a couple times, but it was pretty clear when I fished it, and clear water is not my forte.
Ive heard some pretty good slabs come out of beech lake,im gonna hafta try it someday

I fish Browns and Maple Creek lakes. Crappie can be caught trolling, just gotta figure out what depth they're hanging at. We are usually targeting Bluegill and Catfish.

Brown's Creek has some VERY big bass and catfish.

Think it was said several years back that TWRA shocked up and released what would be the state record largemouth

Latest posts

Back