• Help Support TNDeer:

Need help deciding on scope

deerkiller300wsm

So I have multiple Leupold VX5HD with the CDSZL2 turrets. They're good but just seem to leave me wanting just a little more. The wife bought me a new rifle and I have been researching scope for the last two weeks. Man I should have just bought something and been done! Now I can't make my mind up. I have looked at the NXS, Pst gen II, Leupold, Meostar, Zeiss, Swaro Z3 & 8, and many more. I just can't decide! It's going on a Christensen Mesa 6.5cm (save your CM jokes I wanted something more modest than my 300wsm and WM). Realistically I will not be shooting over 400 yards. Do I really need target/uncapped turrets?!?!? Probably not. But I do like having them for when I can go shooting long range with my buddies. What do u guys think? Any suggestions? Would like to keep price around $1,500 unless someone convinced me I need a NF Beast lol!

If I were in your shoes, a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 would be at the top of my list. You do not need exposed turrets if you're a 400 yard or in hunter. You do need a scope that can hold zero, which is why I suggest the SHv.

^^^^^^
Mark has good advice. I will also add that the Mesa was designed as a lighter weight mountain type rifle, so keep scope weight in mind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes I agree it was designed for a lightweight mountain rifle. So leaning toward the Swaro z3/5 vs putting the nightforce in my 300wsm and taking the VX5 hd off it and putting on the Mesa.

Back