• Help Support TNDeer:

Need some help

easy45

I need some help, I'd like to take my wife fishing on the Cumberland river somewhere close to Nashville for stripers next week but have never been on the river, could anybody tell me a good place to put in and fish, any tips on the fishing would be really appreciated too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stretch from Cordell Hull Dam to highway 231 bridge north of Lebanon has some good ones. We catch them from time to time fishing for blue cats. Two weeks ago we were fishing with cut skipjack north of Lebanon,we caught two, one at 20 lb, and the other went 35 lb. Have caught them on cut and live shad before. This was anchored fishing the river channel edge on the bottom. This was always when they are generating, more current, the better. Shad are easy to net in the bays or slack water in the river. Look up TVA Cordell Hull for generating schedules.

Have caught them before in late summer fishing the lower part of the Caney Fork at Carthage with big Rogue jerk baits. Redfins and flukes will work too. Cast to the bank under the trees early in the morning.

Latest posts

Back