• Help Support TNDeer:

New Mexico Elk bucket list

Turkeychaser

I was fortunate to draw a second week rifle tag in New Mexico. I have to give credit to @dwheel87 on the GON forum. After reading his hunt details with RB outfitters in Chama, NM last year it really got me thinking about it. So I reached out to the owner Ron and he walked me through draw process and everything. They setup a tent camp with his wife Blanche does the cooking. I was paired up with a great guide Issac. The morning hunts made me think of turkey hunting. We were covering ground and trying to get one to bugle back at us. The evening hunts we set on watering holes more like deer hunting. It truly was an awesome experience. They hunt different terrain and use side by sides if needed so they can accommodate all mobility levels. I was blessed to get my Elk the second evening. So I left camp Monday morning and got to hang out in Pagosa Springs, Colorado two days while waiting on my meat to be rush processed and euro mount done. I used Coles meat processing in Pagosa springs and was very happy with the results. I wish I was better at storytelling but the bottom line is I am so glad I made the decision to do this hunt while I could get around good and enjoy it. I thank the Lord for safe travels out there and back by myself and a safe hunt. The Elk was just a bonus. Truly a lifetime memory I will never forget!

Attachments

• 20241013_185152.webp
    20241013_185152.webp
    326.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20241014_101150.webp
    20241014_101150.webp
    406.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20241018_221159.webp
    20241018_221159.webp
    160.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20241019_093728.webp
    20241019_093728.webp
    84.8 KB · Views: 1
I was fortunate to draw a second week rifle tag in New Mexico. I have to give credit to @dwheel87 on the GON forum. After reading his hunt details with RB outfitters in Chama, NM last year it really got me thinking about it. So I reached out to the owner Ron and he walked me through draw process and everything. They setup a tent camp with his wife Blanche does the cooking. I was paired up with a great guide Issac. The morning hunts made me think of turkey hunting. We were covering ground and trying to get one to bugle back at us. The evening hunts we set on watering holes more like deer hunting. It truly was an awesome experience. They hunt different terrain and use side by sides if needed so they can accommodate all mobility levels. I was blessed to get my Elk the second evening. So I left camp Monday morning and got to hang out in Pagosa Springs, Colorado two days while waiting on my meat to be rush processed and euro mount done. I used Coles meat processing in Pagosa springs and was very happy with the results. I wish I was better at storytelling but the bottom line is I am so glad I made the decision to do this hunt while I could get around good and enjoy it. I thank the Lord for safe travels out there and back by myself and a safe hunt. The Elk was just a bonus. Truly a lifetime memory I will never forget!
Congratulations on that hunt. Hope you had fun.
My grandson lives in northern NM and got his a couple of weeks ago. He usually gets one on a yearly basis.
Nothing better than elk meat, except buffalo 👍

Latest posts

Back