• Help Support TNDeer:

New state record Yellow Perch

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
If you have facebook, I just saw this on the TWRA page.

https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeWildl ... nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARAjMlWSzaKhnqz04HexoAsnO-6aaLoQ8JDgMerCp-v-oqNO3sqn27SCk6qCQayNNtVtGkJpFdg-Dua4W2o-xA8QM--BHedDsDMeD9QdMbDa5rRaXLiCrHEmZTGjRvc3x792-7KDsFYEbyY38ZJUyh0JzE434ruf3tSzfwVln-PEPUKJOcvly_ag_Wq7FUF-8i1r1FcdV6ZyZ-GyhvztNmlZopc20IOMkqAybAgRv3sjXsgv-hoUKFtJVsAdqpFC66RbaFzswed4wznZsEYydndCv_aR1OJr4hOB-pQr4Y7wVSs39BR2WhEc9kg0RoqAGg2nLXX3xYRth3e9glh3Tz6Wz9ZEl9VT0n9mpCAX6RAsTWYcInnRCRZPrw

NEW YELLOW PERCH STATE RECORD
Mr. Jeremy Lorenz of Michigan now holds the state record for yellow perch after catching a two pound five ounce fish on Ocoee Number 3 in Polk County, on March 26. The previous record was a tie, of a two pound three ounce fish taken by Mr. Trenton McCoy in January of 2017 and the same size fish taken by Mr. Richard Marsich in July of 2018.
Lorenz was visiting a cousin, Mr. Eric Reed of Birchwood, to fish for a few days. After purchasing a three day license, Lorenz and his cousin headed to Ocoee Number 3. Reed had fished there only once and both anglers headed out early with pan fish in mind, on the dreary Tuesday morning. This would be an exploratory trip. They were on the water by 9:00 a.m. With minnows as bait, they fished several holes in windy, drizzly conditions that lasted throughout the day. With just a few minnows left, Reed saw a bald eagle. Reed referred to something the men's grandfather had taught them as children, to watch and learn from nature. They headed to the spot the eagle was circling and decided this would be their last hole before heading to shore.
Just before 4:30 p.m. Lorenz felt the familiar run of the line and thought it might be a bass. He asked Reed to ready the net. The net was under the anchor and Reed reached for the fish with his hands, surprised to see such a large perch. Cautioning his cousin, not to pull too aggressively, he cradled the fish and lifted it in the boat. Lorenz, an angler the majority of this 41 years, was also shocked. The length of the fish, 15.75 inches, was one of the largest yellow perch he had seen. He stated, "I'm a captain and I've fished Lake Erie my entire life and I've never seen a perch this large."
Mike Jolley, Region 3 Reservoir Fisheries Manager stated, "We are happy to see angler success and hear these great stories." As for the two cousins fishing, the day couldn't have ended better when Reed pointed to the bald eagle diving and catching a fish in the same area. Reed shared, "Maybe grandpa was with us."
To find state record fish or to learn more about fishing, visit tnwildlfie.org.
#tnwildlife

Attachments

• record_perch.jpg
    record_perch.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 836

Latest posts

Back