• Help Support TNDeer:

New units installed

TNReb

A 9 and 12 at the console and a 12 at the bow.

I have A LOT of cleanup to do now...
65eed888e5e8976c429acc7fe03fe523.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

ADR":1etx9tyr said:
Wow. Very impressive set up. Did I miss something, why the change from hummingbird to lowrance?
The Birds were just aggravating me. They seemed to get slower and slower and slower. I didn't dislike them, they just didnt seem to be very quick/responsive.

I got a deal on these since Lowrance cut the prices, so it didn't cost me much to switch after I sold my others.

My kind of units,im a lowrance man.I do have humminbird on my boat also.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

A silly question, but why so many? I have a larger one on my console and a smaller one on my trolling motor. I just don't know why I would need another one? Both of mine are Garmin so they operate pretty much the same.

Atchman2":1auekn26 said:
A silly question, but why so many? I have a larger one on my console and a smaller one on my trolling motor. I just don't know why I would need another one? Both of mine are Garmin so they operate pretty much the same.

with a 2 screen setup at the console you can dedicate one for mapping/2d while on plane and the other strictly for side imaging/down imaging(more screen=better visability).

another option for pro anglers is a dual side by side mount. one screen is for right side side imaging and the other for left side side imaging.

another option on xducer mounting would be to have a 2d skimmer for on plane then mount the 3d structure scan higher up on the transom. that way if you hit something or fish shallow in the sticks, that skimmer xducer is a lot less dollars to replace if it gets hit.

WTM hit the nail on the head. I want the smaller screen for 2D/mapping and the larger for structure scan. If I have a waypoint set, I want see it on the map and know I'm scanning over it without losing screen space on the structure scan.

I took the boat out for about an hour tonight. Everything worked great. The units run so much more smoothly than my Birds did. I'll miss the LakeMaster maps though!

Ive been a lowrance guy since I owned a boat. I tried the hummingbirds but have always found the Lowrances to be more user friendly. Picked up a new TX partner this year and he is pissed he got hummingbirds after seeing my side and down scan on my carbon 9. That being said, if Garmin keeps going in the direction they are headed I may have to have a pan optix up front

Jmed":1o2w1fle said:
Ive been a lowrance guy since I owned a boat. I tried the hummingbirds but have always found the Lowrances to be more user friendly. Picked up a new TX partner this year and he is pissed he got hummingbirds after seeing my side and down scan on my carbon 9. That being said, if Garmin keeps going in the direction they are headed I may have to have a pan optix up front

who knows, after the lawsuit settlements, both lowrance and garmin ended up with some patent trades although they wouldnt disclose which patents they ended up with. maybe end up seeing something similar to panoptix on a lowrance unit.

WTM":2u750o81 said:
Jmed":2u750o81 said:

who knows, after the lawsuit settlements, both lowrance and garmin ended up with some patent trades although they wouldnt disclose which patents they ended up with. maybe end up seeing something similar to panoptix on a lowrance unit.

I heard from a somewhat reputable source that Lowrance is indeed introducing something similar to panoptix. I was told the new units out in October will support such a feature, which will be introduced a little later.

Jmed":m8bmnue1 said:

I always get the opposite response. When a Lowrance guy gets in my boat they always talk about how much better my side scan is with Humminbird than their Lowrance units. My fishing partner runs Lowrance 12's and he comments on it about every trip. Down scan... that's another story. I much prefer the Lowrance. I do have a Lowrance unit in dash on my boat and I have an older HDS unit on the shelf I'm going to put in there for motor readings and on plane depth. I'm not against Lowrance but I've always had better luck with Humminbird in shallow water side scan situations which is where I prefer to fish.

Either way, congrats on the new gear.

Latest posts

Back