• Help Support TNDeer:

NOrris lake morning fishing.

Nsghunter

My boys and I hope to be heading to the Brogan's free launch on Norris in the morning. We will be fishing for blugill with worms and maybe deep water for catfish. I had planned on doing deeper water bluffs, rock and rough.

Does anyone have any info on the conditions on Norris?

I usually fish down the lake from brogans. Saturday the gills and shell crackers were still shallow. Catching channel cats shallow as well. Crickets for gills and worms for crackers. I would say on this full moon they should still be in spawn mode.

If your wanting to catch numbers of bluegill use crickets. Channel cats can be caught shallow around large rock banks and bottoms, rip rap. I've caught 30+ channels cats right off the bank of rocks with gold bladed roostertails, roll them as slow as you can without getting caught on the bottom. Im not fishing Norris lake but I believe this will still apply.

Good luck on your tip, hope you wear them out.

We went and caught 8 bluegill and a drum( I believe it was).
Used night crawlers only and they hit pretty well. We tried to get cricket but couldn't find any.we used floaters with split-shot to the three feet deep.
One used a sinker with no floater and did well. We fished felled trees in 10-20 feet deep 10-15 feet from the banks. Most catches were near the trees but we were successful over clay and a few rocks.

I tried to use bluegill cut and fileted for catfish on a drop rig in 20-30 feet deep but had no luck.

Next time you go to Brogans and want some crickets, the boat dock right up the road from Brogans has them.

Latest posts

Back