• Help Support TNDeer:

Odd, just very odd

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Went to my favorite bream / shellcracker lake yesterday.
Saw a BUNCH of beds and fished them for a little while.
We would catch one or two up really tight to the bank but that was it.
There were just none on the beds at all.
I don't get it, First full moon in May, temp has been good and steady for the last week and conditions were just, well, perfect.
Talked to one guy out there and he said he had looked at every bed in the lake :rotf: and never found a fish on bed.
He had fished for 7 hours and had one shellcracker. :shock:

I didn't keep an actual count but we ended up doing ok, we had about 40 shellcracker and 25-30 bream.
Most odd thing to me was we caught them on crickets. Usually the shellcracker prefer red worms but not yesterday.

I guess ending up in the cooler is the ultimate goal but they for sure weren't easy, we worked for them.

Woodyard,
There was a boat anchored down on the beds by the car hood so I didn't go over there till they left.
I didn't want to give the location away. :rotf:
They stayed anchored in one spot for 4 hours.
They were either REALLY bored and just wanted to sit there or they cleaned the entire bed out.
I did go over there after they left.
I didn't catch anything off the car hood at all.

No clue why they ain't on beds though>?????

I guess so.
We were at the 1,000 acre lake Saturday and I ran up on literally HUNDREDS of beds in about 12' of water.
Not a single fish on any of them.
I will be going back to check that spot though. :D

RUGER":2130vfhp said:
I guess so.
We were at the 1,000 acre lake Saturday and I ran up on literally HUNDREDS of beds in about 12' of water.
Not a single fish on any of them.
I will be going back to check that spot though. :D

Have you fished those beds out on the south point of the big bay that had the big growing ponds ? My buddy fished those before and caught a bunch there. We was gonna do it this year but it ain't worked out.

Can't believe I have only been over there one time this year.

Just an opinion, but maybe the beds were prepped and one of these cold fronts came along and everyone split for deep water.

If you got a graph, slip towards deep water and see if they are all bunched up.

DaveB":18jgoekr said:
Just an opinion, but maybe the beds were prepped and one of these cold fronts came along and everyone split for deep water.

If you got a graph, slip towards deep water and see if they are all bunched up.

Either this or a substantial water level change.

Latest posts

Back