• Help Support TNDeer:

Old Hickory Catfish/Bass fishing help

TheDuke'sBack

Hey guys, new to the forum and new to "serious" fishing. Just last year I got my first fishing boat, 17' fisher aluminum bass boat with 40hp Merc. Force. I feel that now I have a boat ill never be able to fish off the bank again, but with that being said...I have no clue where to fish lol.

While bass fishing it seemed I started catching more cats than Bass, So I began targeting them. Caught over 30 catfish with rod and reel in about 5 trips out, good quality fish somewhere between 2-7 pounds being the largest. I assumed the fish are going on bed because most are full of eggs. I figured I would tie a few jugs and give jug fishing a try. No luck...seems like everyone jugs around my a dipping and bobbing but not mine. Im using live bluegill, and premade Punch bait. Can anyone give me any insight on bait, depth, and target locations?

As to bass fishing Im really struggling. Caught a good 3 pounder, but other than that just dinkers, and very few at that. Could you guys give me some of the same insight for targeting bass? Again Im all new, so I don't have a good understanding of when to fish what depths, what structures, what baits.

So basically if someone just wants to hold my hand while you hook a fish, then let me reel it in, that would be great. :D

Latest posts

Back