• Help Support TNDeer:

Older shooting house gets new facelift

GOHUNT

Probably about eight years ago, I bought a shooting house that had never been set up from some guys over in Granger County. It was self-constructed of OSB and the corners were framed out with plywood… Not ideal but for the money, it was good. I painted it pretty heavily with outdoor paint, put tin over the shingles, setup using elevators, and it has lasted pretty good, but those plywood corners were really starting to delaminate. Knowing I was looking for something to apply to the outside to make last longer, my son found these plastic corrugated sheets that was used as some kind of shipping container. It's pretty heavy, close to half inch thick. Friday, I spent a good part of the day working on getting this applied to my older shooting house, and I believe it turned out pretty good. I still need to put on some paint to break up the solid gray sides and I need some gum rubber or something else to protect the window joints. It should last several more years now!

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpeg
    IMG_2574.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2576.jpeg
    IMG_2576.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2582.jpeg
    IMG_2582.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2599.jpeg
    IMG_2599.jpeg
    488.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2597.jpeg
    IMG_2597.jpeg
    537.9 KB · Views: 14
Nice! I believe that stuff is called coroplast or corrugated plastic.spray paint will last a while on it but its not porous enough for any kind of paint to stay on it long unless you rough it up some

Last edited:
Lowes did sell that corrugated plastic at one time very reasonably priced. Works great on shooting houses! I believe they were in 4x8 sheets.

Latest posts

Back