• Help Support TNDeer:

Ordered me a depth finder today

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Gonna try out the Hummingbird Helix 5 SI Fishfinder / GPS / Chartplotter with side imaging.

Sounds impressive anyway. :D

Wonder if UTM offers a class to learn to read it?
:D

It's about time for me to replace my state-of-the-art-in-2005 depth finder and have been shopping around. The Helix looks like it will definitely fit the bill. Once you get a chance to go play with it you'll have to post a review.

RUGER,

Check out Doug Vahrenberg on youtube. He is the humminbird guru when it comes to anything humminbird. He has a lot of info on Bass Boat Central as Buccaneer mentioned. You can message him on there about how to get the unit set up properly. Real nice guy and very helpful.

mossyhorns300":j690an7n said:
RUGER,

Check out Doug Vahrenberg on youtube. He is the humminbird guru when it comes to anything humminbird. He has a lot of info on Bass Boat Central as Buccaneer mentioned. You can message him on there about how to get the unit set up properly. Real nice guy and very helpful.

Will do man, and thanks again for the help.

I've been shopping around for a new fish finder, and I've actually settled on that same model. I've always just used cheap plain sonar depth finders, and I'm ready to step it up a little.
Let me know how it works out for you.

I hope you like it! My wife bought me a helix 5 sonar/gps for Christmas. It will be on my bowfishing boat so I didn't see any need for DI or SI.

Be sure to get you a map card. Not sure which lakes you will be fishing but navionics gave me the best bang for my buck!

RUGER":1scxncv6 said:
Gonna try out the Hummingbird Helix 5 SI Fishfinder / GPS / Chartplotter with side imaging.

Sounds impressive anyway. :D

Wonder if UTM offers a class to learn to read it?
:D

Grizzly Jig starting Thursday thru Sunday and you can put your hands any HB unit and play with it plus get pointers from JE Vanetta and others!! 20 two man stations plus you can bring your personal unit in and hook up if you'd like.
Sales, door prizes with a grand prize drawing of a two day all expense crappie fishing trip with Mr. Crappie himself.

But I agree with previous post, Doug Vahrenberg has SEVERAL excellent tips and how to's on Youtube.
Si and 360 has been the hardest for me to learn so dont feel alone!

If you haven't bought yet, I would highly suggest getting at least a 7 inch screen. The 5 " screen is hard to see/read if you have your chart and DI or SI up. Just a suggestion. I had a friend buy the 5" and ended up regretting not spending just a little bit more to get the 7".

We expect a full review after you fish with it a bit. That is the unit I have my eye on, Really like what I am hearing about the SI

Ruger, hope you like it. The screen is way to small for me. One friend mounted one on his boat and got rid of it after about 2 trips.
It sucks to, I was hoping it would be great, especially with the low cost of it.

Depthfinder prices suck.

Latest posts

Back