• Help Support TNDeer:

Paris Landing SP?

Very interesting.
Apparently they haven't been paying attention.
Ask any tournament fisherman and they will tell you, none of their fish ever die.

I agree with scn, no way they can ban tournaments from being held, maybe FROM where they are held.

Oxygen,make it manditory atleast when its warm.It makes a huge difference in the couole of tournys we fish each year.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

If all tournaments went to the MLF format of immediate weigh and release, the issue of mortality would go away.

Having the grip and grins for the spectators is what is causing the backlash. You can get by with it early in the year, but once the temps get on up there, the mortality really goes up. It isn't a good look for folks that supposedly care about the resource.

scn":33hzknot said:
If all tournaments went to the MLF format of immediate weigh and release, the issue of mortality would go away.

Having the grip and grins for the spectators is what is causing the backlash. You can get by with it early in the year, but once the temps get on up there, the mortality really goes up. It isn't a good look for folks that supposedly care about the resource.

i wish they would go to that format. one thing i would also point out, that according to research, is that fish released from one point never migrate more than a mile from the release point. i know that some tournaments have release boats but its a moot point probably since it would still create an un-natural imbalance in some bays and creeks with larger breeding females being removed from those areas.

scn":395n8qs5 said:

Yep,agreed,mlf format will be the future.A cheap oxygen setup dont cost much,they should make that manditory when its hot if there not gonna do mlf though.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

I wish they would ban some at Paris Landing. They have so many that people from out of town can't get a park. Or wish they would build them their on ramp over by where they weigh in the big tournaments.

WTM":1rtptwi0 said:
scn":1rtptwi0 said:

i wish they would go to that format. one thing i would also point out, that according to research, is that fish released from one point never migrate more than a mile from the release point. i know that some tournaments have release boats but its a moot point probably since it would still create an un-natural imbalance in some bays and creeks with larger breeding females being removed from those areas.

I have seen released bass caught again way over a mile from where they were released. Many times. Many returning well over a mile to where they were caught. I don't fish tournaments and agree with the MLF catch and release, for sure when water temps are high.

Headhunter":2g3x4x1r said:
WTM":2g3x4x1r said:
scn":2g3x4x1r said:

I have seen released bass caught again way over a mile from where they were released. Many times. Many returning well over a mile to where they were caught. I don't fish tournaments and agree with the MLF catch and release, for sure when water temps are high.

no arguments as that was the average for stressed bass. the average of the peer reviewed studies over a 3 year span average was 2.2 mile dispersal average. a canadian study found that some bass may have homing abilities. strangely, small mouth bass tend to disperse farther ie. 10 miles in just a few days. although its all relative to fish count per acre in a lake so dispersion might not affect some lakes negatively.

so did they tag those bass you saw?

scn":1ur9yrzj said:
I just saw a picture of PLSP. The water is completely over the docks and may be up in the store.

i dont doubt it. the first ramp at birdsong, the water is half way up the larking lot yesterday. my house is 700 yards from the bank and the whole creek bottom is flooded.

when is it supposed to crest?

Bigmonts":2deunnqf said:
I wish they would ban some at Paris Landing. They have so many that people from out of town can't get a park. Or wish they would build them their on ramp over by where they weigh in the big tournaments.

I agree. It makes it way to hard to launch a boat. Sometimes you can't even get to the ramp.

The reporter that reported this completely switched everything up to make his story better, the manager said they wanted to limit the large scale tournaments during the months that generally produces the highest mortality rates for bass, the summer months. He never said they were going to ban tournaments altogether at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back