• Help Support TNDeer:

Percy Priest 6/14/15 Trolling

Dbllunger

I hit Priest at 5am on 6/14 (Sunday) to get in a few hours of crankbait trolling for crappie before the pleasure boaters showed up. I had three rods out trolling 300 series bandit lures.

The area I fished had tons of scattered bait and the hits were coming quick. I'm not sure how many short crappie there were but it was plenty. Here is a breakdown of what I caught.

11 keeper crappie 10-14 inches. To many shorts to count.

Who knows how many yellow stripe.

8-10 largemouth with two being 15-17 inches which I kept.

1 giant bluegill that I kept.

14 pound buffalo that decided to come to life in the floor of my boat. I was covered in blood from the knees down till I could get it back in the water

8 hybrids. All between 3-5 pounds.

It is the first time I have gotten into hybrids like that while trolling for crappie. I saw an area with obvious bait on the surface with the occasional blowup scattered over a large area. I trolled through and sure enough got the hookup. Great fight on 6lb line and light weight spinning tackle. I eventually left the area because my lines were getting so tangled fighting fish.

Anyway it was an incredible morning and I was off the water by 10 am when the pleasure boaters started to arrive.

Here are a few pics.

Nice haul!

Im glad you got your time in before the pleasure boaters, they where out in full force yesterday. Took us 30 minutes for pull the boat out....people like to "dilly dally" while loading boats.

Congrats on good feeesh! I have got to get into trolling the cranks for crappie.
Got a brand spankn new boat that I am tryin to get rigged up for trolling and spider rigging.

How deep where they holding ?

X-Tennessean":29kyx46x said:
Congrats on good feeesh! I have got to get into trolling the cranks for crappie.
Got a brand spankn new boat that I am tryin to get rigged up for trolling and spider rigging.

How deep where they holding ?
18-20 foot of water

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back