• Help Support TNDeer:

Perks of the job!

CATCHDAWG

So last week I was doing some HVAC maintenance work for a home for orphaned kids or something of that nature. There was a pretty big lake that looked awesome and I was asking one of the guys in charge if there was good fishing in it. Come to find out, it is managed for big bluegill, as in a biologist and the whole nine yards. I just said that's cool and left it at that, after all it's a customer and I have to be professional but I was thinking in my head how much I would love to fish it. Next thing I know this little kid maybe eight/nine years old ask me if I like to fish to which I replied "yes". The kid disappears and returns with a fishing pole and tackle box and commenced to showing me all his gear which wasn't much. He's following me around everywhere and I can't hardly work but I can't turn him away lol. Someone notices and called him inside. When I was done, the same guy I talked to apologized for the kid "pestering me". I said no need for a apology, love to see kids into fishing. The kid was there with him and I gave him a few lures I had in my work van tackle box (sshhhh ;) ). The kid was thrilled like it was Christmas morning! Long story less long, that my friends, is how you get permission to fish a managed private lake! :party: :party: :party:

Latest posts

Back