• Help Support TNDeer:

Pickwick Sauger Fest Feb. 7

Taylor

This just FYI.

The 27th Annual Hardin County Pickwick Sauger Festival will be February 7 from 6:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.

$1,000 guaranteed for first and $1,000 guaranteed for big fish.

Entry fee is $70 per boat with $10 big fish pot optional.

For more information call (731) 925-0693 or e-mail [email protected].

Found Pickwick sauger fest post here. Curious if it was still on? That time of year. Worse conditions, best bite. See my hat from 3rd annual 1983, must have been predecessor. Went to many back then! Wild men! Thats me in green jacket, recognize the UT hat? He was there about every year. I fish more than hunt but like to get on water or in woods with my
camera. Maybe I'll get to hunt a turkey with my crossbow...thanks First time on forum. ill learn to navigate...
IMG_5004 Pickwick hat 1983.jpgTDA.jpg

Terry, there hasn't been a sauger tourney in 2 or 3 years now. Believe it or not, my brother and I won it the last year they had one after quite a few top 3 finishes the previous 5 or so years. Unfortunately, unlike the mid to late 2000s, it didn't draw big crowd anymore. I think we beat out 17-19 other boats the year we won it and I don't remember more than 25 or so fishing it those last few years. It's getting to where so few fish are caught most years that not many people even fish for them anymore. Seems like I see fewer and fewer boats every year now.

Just curious if it were still happening. Not good to hear it has declined. Way back 80s-90s, there were so many boats I joked you could jump from one to another. We never contended but did catch fish and had a big time! What an experience! Congrates on your success! Good luck this year! I'm in Nashville fishing Cumberland River, Old Hickory, Cuba Landing.
Can't make the fest this year, but maybe try Pickwick a little later. Have FUN!!!

Latest posts

Back