• Help Support TNDeer:

Pickwick

All-Around-Hunter

Wondering if anyone had a recent fishing report for the area. Thinking about giving it a try tomorrow since it's gonna be nice

This is Lou Williams report from Jan 27th

Pickwick Lake elevation : 410.
Surface temps : 42 to 43 degrees
Water clarity : Clear to stained
Pickwick is spilling 125,000 CFS

Well, fishing has been a grind for the last few days. ( you would think it's winter ).We are catching fish, just few in numbers & the size has not been great. The fish that we are catching have been scattered. 2 at the most in one spot. North wind has been a factor in keeping us off our prime spots. High wind & cold temps can sure be challengeing. Again most of the activity has been below the Dam at Pickwick & Florence. Nice brown fish has been the targeted fish here.
A-rigs have slacked off for us this past week. The best producing baits have been Shaky Head worms, 6 to 7 in. in size. Green Pumpkin has been the best color. Jigs have also produced some fish. 3/8 to 3/4 best weights. Best color have been dark brown & black with some red or green mixed in.
The most productive depths has been 10 to 14 foot. The 18 to 23 ft. fish are out there, just tough to to get their attention.
For the most part, Threadfin shad have been holding deep in huge schools 15 to 25. Gizzard shad have been in the same depths as well. Just remember the the largest fish will hang with the Gizzard shad when available.
I look for the tide to turn this week-end. Sunny skys along with warmer air temps are in the forecast. As always, winter feeding periods are fewer in between and for shorter periods of time. I've been on the water for the last 3 days and it has been tough for the most part. A strong feeding period, I feel should be primed for this week-end. We shall see. Also the lake elevations have become some what stable, with not a lot of vairation. All of the above should help with the inactivity.
I would like to invite everyone to visit our " Pickwick Monday night fruit jar " page, ( blog ). Rules and dates are posted for your convience.

Fish safely and good luck.

How did you do? We got our butt kicked Saturday. It was def a grind and the wind was a killer. Stained to muddy water all over the lake didn't help either nor did all the dying shad, finding bait was not an issue, getting those fish to bite is another story. Fishing is tough right now on Pickwick. Talked with a few others and they had the same experience.

Little bit late, but thanks for the report mossyhorns. TJS, I caught a few, but not what I was hoping for. Mostly just small fish. Caught most of my fish off of a jig and caught a few on red eye shad

Latest posts

Back