• Help Support TNDeer:

pistol scope for 44 mag

iowavf

Since I've moved my blind into what I'm thinking will be it's permanent home. Hunting it for the 1st time last season I discovered I have deer popping out at less than 50 yards and it's hard to get the ML maneuvered into place with less movement. Thinking about getting a 44 mag with
a scope to use and I do like shooting handguns better, just never had a large caliber with a scope. Don't want a huge scope like I've seen on a few, but prefer a scope of some kind over the open sights.

I have a glock G40 10mm with a vortex venom sight on it. I bought it to shoot a deer with and think I'm going to sell it and get a new rifle if you are interested send me a PM. My last hunting pistol was a super Blackhawk with a Simmons Pro hunter scope. It worked really well on that setup, but was heavy and I had to use a bipod with it.

Snowwolfe":1boib1q2 said:
Have you considered a red dot instead? If your range is 50 yards or less it will be much faster to get on target with a red dot instead vs a scope.
Yes I've looked at couple since i have one on a 22 that I shoot a lot. Just looking for options and opinions that others may have or had and liked or didn't like. Thanks.

Back