• Help Support TNDeer:

Poole Knobs Boat Ramp

smyrnagc

Am wanting to go camping with my son on one of the islands just off the Poole Knobs boat ramp and was wondering if that ramp is safe to leave my truck and trailer over night while camping?

Thanks

Put a trail cam up in a tree watching your stuff. I guess that's what we are all going to have to start doing in today's world. Carry a dang ladder and a trail camera every place we visit.

Not only no but heck NO! Last time I put in at poole knobs, middle of day, weekend day, one of my locks were punched, didn't get in, they punched the lock on the truck beside me, got in his and robbed him blind.

Leave your truck unlocked and leave nothing more valuable inside your vehicle than the cost of a broken window. That's my thought. I have never had an issue at any JPP ramp but I know it's a big problem so I guess it's only a matter of time. I leave the doors unlocked and the thieves can feel free to go through it all they want. If they really want to steal a hat or my cheap sunglasses, go for it. Just please don't break my window.

scn":6479onoq said:
I wouldn't leave my vehicle overnight on any of the public access areas and expect to find it untouched when I got back.

That's pretty bad. Is this a TWRA issue or a local law enforcement issue? Are TWRA boat ramps city/municipality property or Army Corp property that is overseen by TWRA?

One ramp I put in on is bad. I've just learned to empty my truck of valuables/important paperwork and leave all the windows down and doors unlocked at night. I let the thugs go through it if they want. Most often when I leave it this way it is left alone. Windows up and doors locked, they just knock out the windows.

smyrnagc":2vjeo7w6 said:
scn":2vjeo7w6 said:
I wouldn't leave my vehicle overnight on any of the public access areas and expect to find it untouched when I got back.

That's pretty bad. Is this a TWRA issue or a local law enforcement issue? Are TWRA boat ramps city/municipality property or Army Corp property that is overseen by TWRA?

It is just an issue. There is no LE department out there that can babysit all of the public ramps 24/7. They are known hotspots for drug deals, etc. so they do get checked, but no department has the manpower to monitor them 24/7. And, the thugs know it.

Wouldn't leave overnight at stewart creek either. Four corners and fate sanders are really the only 2 options for that end of the lake.

Latest posts

Back