• Help Support TNDeer:

Power Pole micro anchor

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just wondering if anyone has ever had or seen these in action?

I am seriously thinking of making this my next addition to my boat.

They are fine for light wind and light current. If the wind picks up or the current is moving your boat is going to move. Even with the big power poles this will happen. A lot of my friends have the full size power poles and they get bent occasionally in strong wind or current. My advice is don't expect it to stay still if the wind is blowing very much.

I have a signature 8' blade. It is awesome and is priceless at times but I do not use it much at all and I anchor a lot (carry a 50 lb anchor everywhere I go in my boat).

I also have a shallow water anchor stick, 8'.

http://www.stickitanchorpins.com/

It is not so expensive and is used more than my power pole.

Never even considered it...I will drift, or use the TM, or if I really want to hold still, I'll drop the anchor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have fished with a friend that has the big boys and they are indeed awesome.
I figure the micro onces would hold my boat pretty good.
I also know that if you don't have two you are no better off than with just an anchor.

Headhunter,
I rigged me up something very similar to what you posted and they do work good but if the wind is blowing very hard it is a PAIN to pull them back up out of the ground.
You have to run to the front, use the trolling motor to back up (or the big motor) then try to yank them up before the wind pushes you back and puts pressure on them again.

LOL In fact the first one I ever used was from a small tree I cut out of the woods at the lake. :D

I tried one on my 16ft aluminum bass boat, it was ok but if the wind was over 10 mph totally useless. A friend let me test it out, I definitely wouldn't purchase one for my boat. For a small boat or kayak it would be nice.

catman529":jn88v748 said:
Never even considered it...I will drift, or use the TM, or if I really want to hold still, I'll drop the anchor.

I understand that but when I drop my anchor and the wind is whipping your boat around in a circle around the pivot point created by the anchor it is a pain in the butt to fish a bream bed.

RUGER":4r94socg said:
catman529":4r94socg said:

I understand that but when I drop my anchor and the wind is whipping your boat around in a circle around the pivot point created by the anchor it is a pain in the butt to fish a bream bed.

Ruger that is exactly what I used my anchor pin for before I got the power pole (I got the power pole for free, only reason why I have one), but I anchored in the front with my anchor and put the pin near the back. Only draw back is it useless when the bottom is rock. The stick it anchor pin is not to bad to pull up.

Why a 50 lb anchor? I like to drop my anchor ONE time. when I drop it, I don't move. I have been fishing with an anchor for over 30 years.

Almost forgot, best use for the anchor pin, is when the wind starts to blow your boat against the bank, grab the anchor pin and push off. I promise you I have pushed and leaned on that pin to keep my boat off rocks a time or 2 and it will not break. Great also when you want to pole back into a really shallow spot or across a shallow bar.

I guess that T handle on top helps alot too.
I was using regular ole conduit.

Do you have a "homemade" anchor or a purchased one?
If you bought it, what kind do you have?

cmn":2lk9imom said:
Ruger not to be a pain but I use an anchor on the bow and stern while fishing beds. Cheap and not permanent

I was showing a buddy this thread at work today and he told me his neighbor had like a truck load of window weights and he could get all he wanted.
Told him I needed 12 of the 6# weights.
That should hook me up. :D

mtn cur":2kw5zk3r said:
get a minn kota terrova, its unbelievable!

That's what I have. Works in any depth of water in very strong wind and waves also. I fished with a budy that has the motor guide version of the gps trolling motor and I was impressed. Where my Terrova will keep you in a spot close enough for fishing but it lets you drift a few feet then brings you back. In current or wind it's not bad because your just drifting foreward and backward but with calm water your all over the place. The motor guide is a whole lot better at keeping you at the exact spot without drifting a little and coming back. The remote for the motor guide is much smaller so it's easily warn around your neck while fishing. My Terrova remote is heavy and big enough where I don't wear it. If I were to buy another it would be a motor guide.

Yes motor guide is good. I've been a MK man for years with zero problems

Latest posts

Back