• Help Support TNDeer:

Pre-opening day to-do list?

lafn96

Getting excited for Saturday! What's your to-do list look like for opening day?

Checked/moved stands, straps, and cams a month ago
Make sure I've got everything in my backpack - bugspray, wipes, headlamp, flashlight, knife, folding saw, tow-rope, ziplocks, rangefinder, binos, 1st aid kit, wind finder, facemask, gloves, thermacell and refills, bow release
Sharpen all hunting and butchering knives
Spray clothes w/permethrin
Recharge all headlamps and flashlights
Verify accuracy on all pins for my bow with the actual broadheads

I won't be hunting next weekend. But we still have a pile of stuff to do. Still have stands to check, trails to bush hog, shooting lanes to clear (we do most of that in the spring) I only have 6 cameras out so have 20 plus cameras to put out, monitoring foodplots like crazy with army worms around, and that not really going over any equipment. I'll hunt the first good cold front near the end of October. So we have time. Some of our stand can't be checked til crops come out either. But I learned a long time ago work is never truly done just paused.

I won't be hunting next weekend. But we still have a pile of stuff to do. Still have stands to check, trails to bush hog, shooting lanes to clear (we do most of that in the spring) I only have 6 cameras out so have 20 plus cameras to put out, monitoring foodplots like crazy with army worms around, and that not really going over any equipment. I'll hunt the first good cold front near the end of October. So we have time. Some of our stand can't be checked til crops come out either. But I learned a long time ago work is never truly done just paused.
Couldn't agree more.

Luckily, opening day isn't until Nov. 9 for me.

I won't bowhunt in the rain, so the bear my buddy has on camera might have to wait. But, I'm all practiced up from shooting all year, broadheads are sharp, and clothes ready. Stands were checked/hung a couple weekends ago.

Looks like a couple weekends from now will be prime time for me.

Added some new hunting duds,bought 6 new Nap Killzone broadheads,bought new bowstring,got some new arrows,bought new lifelines for my ladder stands and new safety harness.I will get all my acessories ready in a few days !

Latest posts

Back