• Help Support TNDeer:

Presidents Island

Shed Hunter

When can you sign up and where?

Also does it work like LBL and you get points or is it an actaul drawing that is random?

Sorry if it's been asked 1000 times. I searched but didn't find anything.

muddyboots said:
A.Hall said:
It will take about 7-10 years to get drawn

My math says 15. I hope 7 to 10 is right.

But most folks that have been on the buck hunt will tell you its worth the wait. I went on the doe hunt and had a 150" 10 point walk 5 yards from my tree, from then on its buck hunt or nothing.

easy45 said:
muddyboots said:
A.Hall said:
It will take about 7-10 years to get drawn

My math says 15. I hope 7 to 10 is right.

But most folks that have been on the buck hunt will tell you its worth the wait. I went on the doe hunt and had a 150" 10 point walk 5 yards from my tree, from then on its buck hunt or nothing.

Yea i have been on the buck hunt once and just hope im not too old when i get too go back. LOL

When you apply make sure that you only apply for the Presidents Island 9 pt or better hunt whuch only draws 50 permits. If you apply for any other quota hunts and are successfully drawn for one of those you lose your spot in line. My party applied from day one and we were finally drawn last year. It was worth the wait. By 8:00am the first morning we all 3 had 150" 8 pointers with does under our stands. No one in my party was successful but we had a great time seeing all the big deer killed and still on the hoof. Oh yeah, one other thing, if you cannot scout this place give up hunting. Sign was every where.

Latest posts

Back