• Help Support TNDeer:

Pretty good morning

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My ole buddy tophat and I have had a pretty good amount of banter going all week this week.
I think it started something like, "You know I'm gonna beat the brakes off you don't you?" :rotf:

The first hour and a half I did NOT have my mojo on for sure.
During this time frame I :
I went for a 75 yard cast and my bait hung on his powerpole just as I started forward with my cast. :shock:
Picked at it for about 15 minutes then gave up and started using another rod. I actually started using my brand new bream rig my son gave me for Christmas.

I got hung up 213 times.

Re-tied about 73 times. I brought 7 rods so I had every bait I needed and all I had to do was fish no matter what they started hitting... pppffttt that didn't work out as planned.

Lost 3 fish half way to the boat due to using my bream rod and it didn't have enough backbone to adequately set the hook.

SOMETHING happened (still not sure what) and I threw said brand new rod & reel into the lake.
Man tried to snag it with his lure before it sank out of sight but I broke out the ninja type full frontal dive to the back corner of the boat and went shoulder deep in the water with my arm and snatched that sucker right back up into the boat before it got away.
tophat said he was rather impressed and he had no clue I could move that fast.
I said, my son bought me that, I ain't losing it.

Finally I gave up and told Man to get in the back of the boat because I was tired of him not catching anything and he, in short order, caught his first fish of the day.
This made the score tophat 3, man 1 and myself ZERO.

As I said this was all in the first hour and a half.
After moving to the middle of the boat and getting the right lure tied on the right rod & reel my mojo came back. :)

End of the trip I had 9, Man had 7 and tophat came in third (nice way to say LAST) with the same 3 fish he had when all the smack talking was coming from the front of the boat. :)

We had lunch riding on this trip so I was plenty happy to come out on top. I love free food. :)
After it was all said and done I figured if I made a bet and held him to it I couldn't really talk smack about it after the fact so I paid for lunch, during which I talked alot about how I overcame adversity, adapted to changing conditions, etc blah blah blah PA POW!!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :smash: :smash: :super: :super:

With how beautiful the weather was I sure would like to have seen what we could have done without that stinking East wind though.
Never have had a good day of fishing with wind out of the East in my entire life.

Beautiful morning, great friend and boat time with my son.
Definitely blessed.

See tophat, I didn't even MENTION that your drain plug was not in the boat AGAIN as we were backing down the ramp.
I told you I wouldn't say nothing about it. :D
:dance:

cbhunter":9eb0477a said:
Lol, great story! Did y'all happen to hear that gobbler I chased all over the woods this morning?? [emoji35] he and his hens won this battle again.

We were down on the far end by the house with the "orange" roof with the big shop when we heard one bird gobble a couple times.
That is the first one I have heard there while fishing this year.
Maybe you will get him tomorrow. :D

Did you put your pontoon in?
We were on the water at 6:30 and left right at 12.

I didn't. Too much going on. I'm a little hesitant since the impeller hasn't been changed in 5 years. It pees for now but I bet it is about shot. Think I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUGER":31mqgrln said:
My ole buddy tophat and I have had a pretty good amount of banter going all week this week.
I think it started something like, "You know I'm gonna beat the brakes off you don't you?" :rotf:

The first hour and a half I did NOT have my mojo on for sure.
During this time frame I :
I went for a 75 yard cast and my bait hung on his powerpole just as I started forward with my cast. :shock:
Picked at it for about 15 minutes then gave up and started using another rod. I actually started using my brand new bream rig my son gave me for Christmas.

I got hung up 213 times.

Re-tied about 73 times. I brought 7 rods so I had every bait I needed and all I had to do was fish no matter what they started hitting... pppffttt that didn't work out as planned.

Lost 3 fish half way to the boat due to using my bream rod and it didn't have enough backbone to adequately set the hook.

SOMETHING happened (still not sure what) and I threw said brand new rod & reel into the lake.
Man tried to snag it with his lure before it sank out of sight but I broke out the ninja type full frontal dive to the back corner of the boat and went shoulder deep in the water with my arm and snatched that sucker right back up into the boat before it got away.
tophat said he was rather impressed and he had no clue I could move that fast.
I said, my son bought me that, I ain't losing it.

Finally I gave up and told Man to get in the back of the boat because I was tired of him not catching anything and he, in short order, caught his first fish of the day.
This made the score tophat 3, man 1 and myself ZERO.

As I said this was all in the first hour and a half.
After moving to the middle of the boat and getting the right lure tied on the right rod & reel my mojo came back. :)

End of the trip I had 9, Man had 7 and tophat came in third (nice way to say LAST) with the same 3 fish he had when all the smack talking was coming from the front of the boat. :)

We had lunch riding on this trip so I was plenty happy to come out on top. I love free food. :)
After it was all said and done I figured if I made a bet and held him to it I couldn't really talk smack about it after the fact so I paid for lunch, during which I talked alot about how I overcame adversity, adapted to changing conditions, etc blah blah blah PA POW!!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :smash: :smash: :super: :super:

With how beautiful the weather was I sure would like to have seen what we could have done without that stinking East wind though.
Never have had a good day of fishing with wind out of the East in my entire life.

Beautiful morning, great friend and boat time with my son.
Definitely blessed.

See tophat, I didn't even MENTION that your drain plug was not in the boat AGAIN as we were backing down the ramp.
I told you I wouldn't say nothing about it. :D
:dance:

Sounds like you came thru ! I would say a pretty good day since you saved that rod!

woodyard":h9qybhro said:
No, wore my shoulders out on Friday not catching any. At least when I go to Ark I wear em out caching some. :D

P
Lol heard that!!!!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Attachments

• pitchers_zpsdadde32b.jpg
    pitchers_zpsdadde32b.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 795

This is the only picture I took all day.
This turned out to be the biggest fish of the day too.
Danged East wind :bash:

sounds like you didnt let it get you down.I had a heck of a time myself Saturday.I had a fish snatch my pole clean off the boat.never to be found again.Also got hung up and broke my other rod in half.Ended up breaking out the 10ft slab daddy crappie rod.Caught a few on that one with no disasters.I was happy cause it was a beautiful day and i was fishing.Minus returning with a lack of gear.

Latest posts

Back