• Help Support TNDeer:

Pretty sure I found my leak

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Finally got around to taking a peek yesterday afternoon.
It appears that the hose for the livewell drain has either busted or came loose.
I looked in the bottom of my livewell and stuck my finger in the drain and basically it is full of dirt / sand etc.
Gonna plug the drain hole in the back of the boat today, somehow, and see if that fixes it.
Just about all it can be as the intake is not leaking at all.

Fingers crossed. :D

Seems weird a leak on a drain line would fill the boat while underway. Usually the water would exit the boat.

How did the water get into your livewell?
there is a rubber drain hose that runs from the transom port to the livewell. if that hose gets a leak or cut its the same as if if you left the drain plug out of the boat.

agreed. But it sounds like the water was coming in faster when on plane.
i was thinking he just thinks it was when he was on plane. i left the plug out of my tracker one time and didnt know it until i noticed the motor bogging down. my tracker sit a little higher than some boats so i didnt really notice it. lol, took about 10 minutes to bilge all that water out.

i was thinking he just thinks it was when he was on plane. i left the plug out of my tracker one time and didnt know it until i noticed the motor bogging down. my tracker sit a little higher than some boats so i didnt really notice it. lol, took about 10 minutes to bilge all that water out.
I think you are right.
I think what I saw was all the water in the boat move to the back as it wouldn't get even close to plane.
Front end was so high I couldn't see lol

I pulled the drain hose out but it was either still connected or stuck.
I cut it off and it was full of water.

Guess we will see when I put it in the water again

I think you are right.
I think what I saw was all the water in the boat move to the back as it wouldn't get even close to plane.
Front end was so high I couldn't see lol

I pulled the drain hose out but it was either still connected or stuck.
I cut it off and it was full of water.

Guess we will see when I put it in the water again
lol mine was so full of water i couldnt goose it on the trailer. i had to winch it all the way up the trailer. i thought my winch was gonna snap off. talk about heavy.

Latest posts

Back