• Help Support TNDeer:

Primos Blood hunter HD light?

The best night time tracking light ever was a Coleman lantern with the hand-held reflector mounted on it. It really made blood "pop".
The original Coleman lantern was what I always thought gave the best odds of finding a lost blood trail (in the absence of a hound).

Wonder if the newer little propane lanterns would work the same?

Ive blood trailed with everything from a bic lighter to a coleman lantern to a coon light, to a "blood trailing" light, and far and away, bar NONE, the BEST Ive ever used is my 28v incandesent coon hunting light. With that light turned all the way up on the high side of the bulb, Im as efficient with it at midnight as I am at high noon on a sunny day. I wont go bear hunting in Canada without it and its 20V little brother. Ive found bears with those lights that would have certainly been lost and or ruined by the time we could have found them the next day waiting on daylight.

Ive blood trailed with everything from a bic lighter to a coleman lantern to a coon light, to a "blood trailing" light, and far and away, bar NONE, the BEST Ive ever used is my 28v incandesent coon hunting light. With that light turned all the way up on the high side of the bulb, Im as efficient with it at midnight as I am at high noon on a sunny day. I wont go bear hunting in Canada without it and its 20V little brother. Ive found bears with those lights that would have certainly been lost and or ruined by the time we could have found them the next day waiting on daylight.
Care to post a link to lights like that Huntaholic?

The best night time tracking light ever was a Coleman lantern with the hand-held reflector mounted on it. It really made blood "pop".
It's the color of the light. The "warmer" the light (high in yellow to red wavelengths) the better it shows blood. The "cooler" the light (more in the blue wavelengths) does not show blood well.

Latest posts

Back