• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Progress of my "micro" plot!

JAY B

Cleared some pines and briars out of this thicket a few weeks ago, sprayed what was left last week and disc today, prob disc and plant around Labor Day! Not much but better than nothing!
675d91ed60e60e1a41438792dc8063c4.jpg
37C7C3B6-EDD0-448C-969B-9937D4052719-1487-000001C5E90DE43F.jpg
E3A49EAF-487D-48E2-B2E9-BD629537F757-1487-000001C5DC139D7C.jpg

You'll be very happy this fall when you see all your hard word has paid off...nice look area, hope you kill a big one there

Split Brow said:
That looks great. good luck. What do ya plan on planting?
I am still on the fence between Evolved Harvest- 7 card stud, or Whitetail Institute -Pure Attraction. Figured with such a small spot I would just go with a "buck on the bag" product rather than mix my own!

good luck with it...I went this weekend and cleared out and sprayed 2 of my micro bowhunting plots. Biggest is about 30 yards by 15 yards wide. Seems to keep deer coming around all hunting season. Last year I planted the no till stuff then went back youth weekend and overseeded it with winter wheat. It was a huge success during the winter according to my trail cams on the plots.

Great Job! Hope you get a nice one. Maximum Biologic would be awesome in there and maybe some winter peas and oats in the center.... Just a thought. Good luck!

Looks good . It's a lot of hard work I know , I have done I lot of these small plots . I have had good success with them , but me being me I always tried to improve on them each year . And with a mind set bigger is always better . Unfortunately I have Found that's not always true , I got two that was awesome but the bigger and ( better ) I made them the more the deer have shifted away from them . Yeah the still use them but from the same stand over a 8 year period. I have saw the deer stop walking through the small plot to going out of the way to go around it . (No matter what i plant ) No I don't over hunt the stand . My best guess is the deer just didn't like the change . Point being I wish I'd left a good thing alone . Just food for thought . Good luck and hope it does well for you this fall .

Latest posts

Back