• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Quail forever

diamond hunter

just a reminder,join quail forever and order your corn seed $10.50 per bag,same price as soybeans and all are roundup ready.At that price,its cheap enough to broadcast if u wanted to.I ordered mine today through music city chapter.Im going to mix it up.

diamond hunter":1pbveqdj said:
just a reminder,join quail forever and order your corn seed $10.50 per bag,same price as soybeans and all are roundup ready.At that price,its cheap enough to broadcast if u wanted to.I ordered mine today through music city chapter.Im going to mix it up.
I know this is a very old thread and may not get a response....I joined QF earlier this year. Are you still a member? I love the interaction with the folks. I ordered corn, soybeans and sorghum for this coming spring. Wondering how your fields did that you planted with this seed?

We just bought a no-till drill. We have a logger lined up to start in hopefully January to clear cut some ridge tops, then we will hire someone to clean up, burn, level. We will then fertilize and lime - expanding our food plots from 14 acres to close to 32 acres. I got 27 bags of seed from QF that will plant about 30 acres. I wish I had ordered more.

Thanks for responding to such an old thread!

A 50# pag will plant between 3.5-4 acres. If you have 27 bags, you should have enough

And that's broadcasting it. Should stretch a little farther if you're drilling it

I should have clarified - I will have 25 bags of soybeans that will be planted at about 60 lbs / acre. The other 2 bags are 1 corn and 1 sorghum. Everything will be drilled except for the sorghum, which will be spread after I spray the round up ready plants in the early leaf stage.

The corn and sorghum are nothing more than a "visible barrier" for us to skirt by to go to our hunting locations

I believe the deadline to order seed was back at the end of September. Having said that, this is my first year ordering and I do not have a lot of knowledge in the entire process. Maybe someone else will chime in...

Yes, the time to order is usually in September. Membership is a prerequisite as is paying at the time of your order. Seed deliveries for this year are beginning to show up this coming week.

Farm manager":3tgqakb0 said:
Yes, the time to order is usually in September. Membership is a prerequisite as is paying at the time of your order. Seed deliveries for this year are beginning to show up this coming week.
Will we get an email or some other type of notification from the chapter communications?

JCDEERMAN":359y8jul said:
Farm manager":359y8jul said:
Will we get an email or some other type of notification from the chapter communications?

When ordering seed through Quail forever I understand you order and pay in September but where do you pick up the seed the following April? Is there one location for middle Tennessee or multiple locations?

DoubleRidge":15j8czjo said:
JCDEERMAN":15j8czjo said:
Farm manager":15j8czjo said:

When ordering seed through Quail forever I understand you order and pay in September but where do you pick up the seed the following April? Is there one location for middle Tennessee or multiple locations?
Just forwarding what I know. It is shipped to Lavergne and you can pick up from there. If that's not convenient, you can pick it up in fairview (what I did).

JCDEERMAN":1gbjn3rv said:
DoubleRidge":1gbjn3rv said:

Just forwarding what I know. It is shipped to Lavergne and you can pick up from there. If that's not convenient, you can pick it up in fairview (what I did).

Thanks for the info.... Fairview would be convenient.

Latest posts

Back