• Help Support TNDeer:

questions from rookie?

solodren

I have a cva wolf and pyrodex seems to shoot flatter than 777 does anybody have any reason why.

I shoot 2 pyro pellets at 56 yards and 83 yards with a shockwave 200 they both hit 4 inch high. should I leave it for a long shot? And also what kind of drop should I expect to have?

greatly appreciate input thanks..

that particular setup should be zeroed at 100 yards?? do u use a scope?? that round & load will be high to those yardages with 100 gr pyrodex try & shoot at 100 yd range & dont change anything & tell us where it hits then!!

I would think if it is zero'd at 100yds, you could expect to see at least a 10-12" drop at 200yds.

That is not a gospel statement, just using chart data as a general reference.

FDXX75

Thats about right by my books FullDRaw75. Personally I am changing to a new mag M.L. to have knock down power at 200 yards.A M.L. will shoot good groups at 200 yards with the right load. Only 100 grains of powder and a 200 yard shot does not equal good knock down power at 200 yards.Just like a Bow should be limited to 40 yards and under. MOST muzzleloaders should be limited to 100 yards and under. The new guns will knock em down farther out.TOO many people expect a M.L. to do what a rifle does.The new guns are getting there.

was able to shoot today difficult to zero , hit high, the same at 100 the best i could tell . it is dead on now at 100 , what size group should I expect? I shot 7 times to get it right

Back