• Help Support TNDeer:

Quick float

lung-buster

Did a short float this morning on the Elk fishing the sunken logs and log jams for redeye. Managed a couple on a hula popper early then it was pulling them out of the cracks and holes with a jig. Kept a few to fry and the rest went back.
ce5f1dc6d2f9c5607d053e6225f7965d.jpg
15e5455214810fa8e07eb12af9041b8d.jpg
d47ca4950e0df00270131e12840965e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Quick float

Tennessee Lead":b5342n3z said:
How are those pelicans? I'm wanting a kayak to fish from but can't afford a Jackson now.
any cheap kayak is better than no kayak

Tennessee Lead":yo8jzvrj said:
How are those pelicans? I'm wanting a kayak to fish from but can't afford a Jackson now.
I've had this one for well over 5 years and no problems. It's a castaway 116 I think. I've had it in everything from creeks to the gulf. This is a pic of it loaded. I weigh 140 and with all my junk in it does the job.

49fc38259447e9cc8b1d5ae96fd7a47d.jpg

lung-buster":12whz12m said:
Tennessee Lead":12whz12m said:
I've had this one for well over 5 years and no problems. It's a castaway 116 I think. I've had it in everything from creeks to the gulf. This is a pic of it loaded. I weigh 140 and with all my junk in it does the job.

49fc38259447e9cc8b1d5ae96fd7a47d.jpg

Very nice thanks for the info

Are you fishing the Elk below Tims Ford or above? I really am interested in learning the Elk below for the trout fishing. I never even thought about the redeye. Nice catches. I've never eaten one of those but I hear they are great. I'm also a kayak angler.

MidTennFisher":1zvf3rto said:
Are you fishing the Elk below Tims Ford or above? I really am interested in learning the Elk below for the trout fishing. I never even thought about the redeye. Nice catches. I've never eaten one of those but I hear they are great. I'm also a kayak angler.
I fish below tims mainly around kelso. Never tried to catch any trout. Hit me up if you ever want to go after the redeye I'm always up for a float.

Latest posts

Back