• Help Support TNDeer:

Raffle for Conservation

jd1983

Put this in the General Forum but I know some people don't go over there. Thanks for any consideration.

First, thanks to Ruger for allowing me to post this. My chapter of Trout Unlimited is holding a raffle to raise money for our 2019 conservation and education programs. This is kind of a "pick your prize" raffle. The winner will be able to select between an Orvis Recon fly rod, Orvis Superfine fly rod, Ruger American rifle, or Ruger EC9S handgun. If the winner chooses a fly rod, they will be able to select their length and weight. If the winner picks the rifle, they will be able to select from the standard calibers (but we're trying to see if we can get the predator calibers included). All firearms will be handled by Indian Springs Armory out of Kingsport. Winners from out of the area can will need to work with them on transfer to an FFL holder and will need to cover that fee themselves. See the photo below for more details. You can PM me on here or send an email to [email protected] to order tickets.

The Overmountain Chapter Trout Unlimited covers Washington, Carter, Sullivan, Johnson, and Unicoi counties. Our big focus is on making sure the great trout fisheries in the area stay clean and healthy and that more people grow to love the resource. Our 2019 projects include helping fund a handicap access dock on the Watauga River, creating more access on the Doe River, and monitoring water quality in Rocky Fork State Park. On top of these special projects, we also take part in 3 different river cleanups, hold women's fly fishing clinics, assist TWRA with sampling and brook trout reintroduction, and help schools with Trout in the Classroom (a program where local teachers raise trout with their students and incorporate this into their curriculum throughout the year).

The winning ticket is going to be drawn on December 8th at our Annual Dinner. This year we have over $6,000 in silent auction, raffle, and door prizes. We will also have the lead author for the website troutbitten.com speaking on 50 tips to make you a better angler. You do not have to be at the dinner to win.

44889267_1155416274606114_8548020306806046720_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back